|Father*||Samuel AMYX1 b. a 1745, d. b Jan 1819|
|Mother*||Eleanor HAIRSTON2 b. a 1745, d. b 5 May 1818|
|Susannah AMYX was the daughter of Samuel AMYX and Eleanor HAIRSTON.1,2|
|Will||Susannah AMYX was mentioned in the will of Samuel AMYX on 5 May 1818 in Botetourt County, Virginia; Mentions sons Isaac, Andrew, daughters Peggy Taylor, Elizabeth Preston, Esther Lamb, Susannah Amyx and Elinor Amyx.1,3|
|Married Name||As of 13 May 1818,her married name was FLURNOY.|
|Marriage*||Susannah AMYX married Byrd FLURNOY on 13 May 1818 in Botetourt Co., Virginia.4|
|Will||Susannah AMYX was mentioned in the will of Andrew AMYX Sr on 1 January 1830 in Botetourt County, Virginia; Botetourt County Will Book E, page 64. Family Search Library Film #7644337, image 403.5|
- [S3554] Will of Samuel Amyx 5 May 1818, Botetourt County, Virginia, Proved January Court 1819, Botetourt County, Virginia Will Book v. A-C 1770-1824, page 158-159. Family History Library Microfilm 30695, image 624 of 853. Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S46] Vic Hairston and Edward J. Bregenzer, The Hairston History, February 12, 1998. Personal Collection - copy.
- [S3127] Worrell, Anne L. Early Marriages, Wills, and Some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia. Baltimore: Geneal. Pub. Co, 1975. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3044] Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
- [S3770] Will of Andrew Amyx - Botetourt County Will Book E, apge 64. Family Search Library Film #7644337, image 403., Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
|Last Edited||9 Jul 2023|