Elizabeth (surname unknown)
HAIRSTON.org ID#841, b. about 1720, d. after 1784
|Birth*||Elizabeth (surname unknown) was born about 1720.|
|Marriage*||She married Andrew HAIRSTON, son of Peter HAIRSTON and Agnes "Irish Lady of Rank" (surname unknown), about 1742. In his will he states "... my loving wife Elizabeth..." |
NOTE: I have not seen any original documents listing Elizabeth's maiden name. They were likely married in Goochland County, Virginia about 1743 as they are both listed in court records in 1744 (this is a guess).1
|County Change*||Albemarle County formed from parts of Goochland County - 1744.|
|Court Record*||Elizabeth Hearstone and Andrew Hearstone are listed in Goochland County Court Order Books in 1744, page 531.2|
|County Change||Bedford County formed from Lunenburg County - 1754.|
|Property||Elizabeth (surname unknown) witnessed the Property of Capt. Robert HAIRSTON on 26 July 1764 in Bedford County, Virginia; Robert Hairston records a deed for 300 acres of land from Thomas Cooper on Possum Creek. Witnesses are Samuel Hairston, Andrew hairston and Elizabeth Hairston. (page 397, Bedford County Deed Book B-2.)3|
|Property||Elizabeth (surname unknown) witnessed the Property of Samuel HAIRSTON on 26 July 1764 in Bedford County, Virginia; Samuel Hairston, Andrew Hairston, and Elizabeth Hairston witness a deed from Thomas Cooper to Robert Hairston for the sale of Negroes. (page 462, Bedford County Deed Book B-2.)3|
|Property||Elizabeth (surname unknown) is mentioned in the property documents of Andrew HAIRSTON on 13 January 1773; Andrew Hairstone has 400 acres of land in Bedford County, surveyed on 13 Jan 1773, on the head branches of Dogwood branch; adjoining John Dale, Stith, Heath and Arnold. The grant is not granted to Andrew until 1 September 1780. This land was later sold in 1784 by his wife.4,5|
|County Change||Campbell County formed from part of Bedford County - 1782.|
|Will||Elizabeth (surname unknown) was mentioned in the will of Samuel HAIRSTON on 9 February 1782 in Campbell County, Virginia.6|
|Death Spouse*||Elizabeth (surname unknown)'s husband, Andrew Hairston, died before 6 June 1782.|
|Probate||She was listed as a beneficiary in Andrew HAIRSTON's will on 6 June 1782 in Campbell County, Virginia; Andrew Hairston's will dated 08 Aug 1777 was proved.1|
|Death*||Elizabeth (surname unknown) died after 1784.6,1|
|Probate||She was mentioned in the probate of the estate of Samuel HAIRSTON on 14 July 1828; Inventory and disbursement of Samuel Hairston's estate, Campbell County, Virginia, 14 July 1828.6|
|Andrew HAIRSTON b. a 1716, d. b 6 Jun 1782|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S122] Will Andrew Hairston dated 8 Aug 1777, was proved in Campbell County Will Book #1, page 4-6, 6 June 1782. Inventory & Apprasiel recorded 6 Mar. 1783, Will Book 1, pages 23-24 (Reel 19), Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S3080] Blomquist, Ann K., Goochland County Virginia Court Order Book 5, Heritage Books, 2007, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3092] Chilton, Ann. Bedford County, Virginia Deed Book B-2, 1761-1766. Signal Mountain, TN (P.O. Box 400, Signal Mountain 37377: Mountain Press, 1992. Print., Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S3277] Bedford County Virginia Grants D 1780-1781, (v.1 & 2 p.1-930), p. 63-64, Reel 45, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S3125] Hudgins, Dennis R. Cavaliers and Pioneers: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents and Grants : Volume Eight, 1779-1782. Richmond, Va: Virginia Genealogical Society, 2005. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S101] Will of Samuel Hairston - 1782, Campbell County Will Book #1, page 6 and Will Book #6, page 141, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
|Last Edited||6 Jun 2018|