Elizabeth (surname unknown)1
HAIRSTON.org ID#841, b. about 1720, d. after 1784
|Birth*||Elizabeth (surname unknown) was born about 1720.|
|Marriage*||She married Andrew HAIRSTON, son of Peter HAIRSTON and Agnes "Irish Lady of Rank" (surname unknown), about 1742. In his will he states "... my loving wife Elizabeth..." |
NOTE: I have not seen any original documents listing Elizabeth's maiden name. They were likely married in Virginia about 1743 as they are both listed in court records in 1744.1
|County Change*||Albemarle County formed from parts of Goochland County - 1744.|
|Court Record*||Elizabeth Hearstone and Andrew Hearstone are listed in Goochland County Court Order Books in 1744, page 531.2|
|County Change||Bedford County formed from Lunenburg County - 1754.|
|Property||Elizabeth (surname unknown) witnessed the Property of Capt. Robert HAIRSTON on 26 July 1764 in Bedford County, Virginia; Robert Hairston records a deed for 300 acres of land from Thomas Cooper on Possum Creek. Witnesses are Samuel Hairston, Andrew hairston and Elizabeth Hairston. (page 397, Bedford County Deed Book B-2.)3|
|Property||Elizabeth (surname unknown) witnessed the Property of Samuel HAIRSTON on 26 July 1764 in Bedford County, Virginia; Samuel Hairston, Andrew Hairston, and Elizabeth Hairston witness a deed from Thomas Cooper to Robert Hairston for the sale of Negroes. (page 462, Bedford County Deed Book B-2.)3|
|Property||Elizabeth (surname unknown) is mentioned in the property documents of Andrew HAIRSTON on 13 January 1773; Andrew Hairstone has 400 acres of land in Bedford County, surveyed on 13 Jan 1773, on the head branches of Dogwood branch; adjoining John Dale, Stith, Heath and Arnold. The grant is not granted to Andrew until 1 September 1780. This land was later sold in 1784 by his wife.4,5|
|County Change||Campbell County formed from part of Bedford County - 1782.|
|Will||Elizabeth (surname unknown) was mentioned in the will of Samuel HAIRSTON on 9 February 1782 in Campbell County, Virginia.6|
|Death Spouse*||Elizabeth (surname unknown)'s husband, Andrew Hairston, died before 6 June 1782.|
|Probate||She was listed as a beneficiary in Andrew HAIRSTON's will on 6 June 1782 in Campbell County, Virginia; Andrew Hairston's will dated 08 Aug 1777 was proved.1|
|Death*||Elizabeth (surname unknown) died after 1784.6,1|
|Probate||She was mentioned in the probate of the estate of Samuel HAIRSTON on 14 July 1828; Inventory and disbursement of Samuel Hairston's estate, Campbell County, Virginia, 14 July 1828.6|
|Andrew HAIRSTON b. a 1716, d. b 6 Jun 1782|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S122] Will Andrew Hairston dated 8 Aug 1777, was proved in Campbell County Will Book #1, page 4-6, 6 June 1782. Inventory & Apprasiel recorded 6 Mar. 1783, Will Book 1, pages 23-24 (Reel 19), Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S3080] Blomquist, Ann K., Goochland County Virginia Court Order Book 5, Heritage Books, 2007, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3092] Chilton, Ann. Bedford County, Virginia Deed Book B-2, 1761-1766. Signal Mountain, TN (P.O. Box 400, Signal Mountain 37377: Mountain Press, 1992. Print., Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S3277] Bedford County Virginia Grants D 1780-1781, (v.1 & 2 p.1-930), p. 63-64, Reel 45, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S3125] Hudgins, Dennis R. Cavaliers and Pioneers: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents and Grants : Volume Eight, 1779-1782. Richmond, Va: Virginia Genealogical Society, 2005. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S101] Will of Samuel Hairston - 1782, Campbell County Will Book #1, page 6 and Will Book #6, page 141, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
|Last Edited||11 Mar 2018|