HAIRSTON.org ID#861, b. about 1748, d. about 1778
|Father*||Andrew HAIRSTON1 b. b 1716, d. b 6 Jun 1782|
|Mother*||Elizabeth (surname unknown) b. a 1720, d. a 1784|
|Birth*||Hugh HAIRSTON was born about 1748 in Virginia.2|
|He was the son of Andrew HAIRSTON and Elizabeth (surname unknown).1|
|Court Record||Samuel HAIRSTON; Samuel Hairston, Robert Hairston, Hugh hairston and Richard Phillips witness a deed from Thomas Morris to Robert Harper.3|
|Marriage||Hugh HAIRSTON was the surety of the marriage of Martha "Patsy" HAIRSTON and Alexander HUNTER on 3 June 1769 in Bedford County, Virginia; Hugh Hairston, Surety. With the consent of Robert & Ruth Hairston. page 938.4,5,6,7|
|Death*||Hugh HAIRSTON died about 1778 in Bedford County, Virginia.8,2|
|Probate*||Inventory of his estate includes 1 bay mare, 1 colt, 1 bridle and other small items. Bedford County, Virginia - Will Book 1, page 325.9|
|Probate||He was listed as a beneficiary in Andrew HAIRSTON's will on 6 June 1782 in Campbell County, Virginia. Hugh Hairston died before his father Andrew died and Andrew had not updated his will; Andrew Hairston's will dated 08 Aug 1777 was proved.1|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S122] Will Andrew Hairston dated 8 Aug 1777, was proved in Campbell County Will Book #1, page 4-6, 6 June 1782. Inventory & Apprasiel recorded 6 Mar. 1783, Will Book 1, pages 23-24 (Reel 19), Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S247] Carl Greenway letters relating to Hairston genealogy dated 1965-1966 to various people - Carl Greenway (1917-1974) was a Hairston relative and family genealogist, more information about Carl Greenway can be found here: https://www.hairston.org/p4445.htm
- [S3108] Chilton, Ann. Bedford County, Virginia Deed Book C-3, Signal Mountain, TN (P.O. Box 400, Signal Mountain 37377: Mountain Press, 1992. Print., Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
- [S3107] Hinshaw, William Wade, et al., compilers. Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy. 6 vols. 1936–1950. Reprint, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1991–1994.
- [S3044] Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
- [S3096] Dennis, Earle S, and Jane E. Smith. Marriage Bonds of Bedford County, Virginia, 1755-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co, 1975. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S43] Joyce W. Letah and Leah Stevens, Descendants of Andrew Hairston, 14 June 1996, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3053] Will of Hugh Hairston -1778, Bedford County, Virginia - Will Book #1, page, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
|Last Edited||28 May 2018|