Martha "Patsy" HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#400, b. 10 October 1753, d. 3 June 1834
|Father*||Capt. Robert HAIRSTON1,2 b. a 1719, d. b 2 Jun 1791|
|Mother*||Ruth STOVALL b. a 1731, d. 3 Mar 1808|
|Birth*||Martha "Patsy" HAIRSTON was born on 10 October 1753 in Virginia.2,3|
|She was the daughter of Capt. Robert HAIRSTON and Ruth STOVALL.1,2|
|County Change*||Bedford County formed from Lunenburg County - 1754.|
|Marriage*||Martha "Patsy" HAIRSTON married Alexander HUNTER, son of Alexander HUNTER and Elizabeth STEELE, on 3 June 1769 in Bedford County, Virginia, Hugh Hairston, Surety. With the consent of Robert & Ruth Hairston. page 938.4,5,6|
|County Change*||Franklin County formed from Bedford and Henry Counties - 1786.|
|Will||In Capt. Robert HAIRSTON's will dated 26 May 1790 in Franklin County, Virginia, Martha "Patsy" HAIRSTON.1,7 was named as an heir; It is interesting to note that Robert lists his sons, granddaughters and all but two daughters as "My". However, he lists daughters Martha Hunter and Jenny Rentfro as "her daughters", indicating his wife Ruth. Is it possible they are from another marriage?|
PDF transcript of 1790 will attached -->
|Death*||She died on 3 June 1834 in Henry County, Virginia, at age 80.2,3|
|Burial*||She was buried in Mary Hunter Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia; |
photo courtesy of Jenepher Homer, Find A Grave.3
|Alexander HUNTER b. a 1743, d. a 1804|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S121] Will of Robert Hairston 26 May 1790, Franklin County, Virginia Will Book #1, page 70-71. Inventory & Appraisel record Feb 1793. Will Book No. 1, pages 85-87, 1786-1812 (Reel 18). Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S113] Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3107] Hinshaw, William Wade, et al., compilers. Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy. 6 vols. 1936–1950. Reprint, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1991–1994.
- [S3044] Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
- [S3131] Salmon, John S, and Emily J. Salmon. Franklin County, Virginia, 1786-1986: A Bicentennial History. Rocky Mount, Va: Franklin County Bicentennial Commission, 1993. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S258] The Hord Family of Virginia: A Supplement to the Genealogy of the Hord Family, Compliled by Reverend Arnold Hord, (1915).
|Last Edited||6 Mar 2018|