HAIRSTON.org ID#971, b. about 1743, d. about 1804
|Father*||Alexander HUNTER1 b. a 1698, d. a 1768|
|Mother*||Elizabeth STEELE b. 1722|
|Birth*||Alexander HUNTER was born about 1743.2|
|He was the son of Alexander HUNTER and Elizabeth STEELE.1|
|Will||In Alexander HUNTER's will dated 21 December 1767 in Bedford County, Virginia, Alexander HUNTER was named as an heir; Bedford County - His will lists Alexander Hunter, James Hunter, Samuel Hunter and Betty Hunter. witnessed by Alexander Steele, Mary Hunter, Cessley Walker.3|
|Marriage*||He married Martha "Patsy" HAIRSTON, daughter of Robert HAIRSTON and Ruth STOVALL, on 3 June 1769 in Bedford County, Virginia, Hugh Hairston (son of Andrew, Martha's uncle), Surety. With the consent of Robert & Ruth Hairston. page 938.4,5,6,1|
|Tax Rolls*||Alexander Hunter is listed as a tax payer in Henry County, Virginia in 1782.7|
|County Name*||1786 - Franklin County from Bedford and Henry.|
|Court Record*||1798 - Alexander Hunter conveys land to daughter Ruth, wife of John Hord.8|
|Death*||Alexander HUNTER died about 1804.2|
|Martha "Patsy" HAIRSTON b. 10 Oct 1753, d. 3 Jun 1834|
- [S3096] Dennis, Earle S, and Jane E. Smith. Marriage Bonds of Bedford County, Virginia, 1755-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co, 1975. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S113] Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications.
- [S3109] Clemens, William M. Virginia Wills Before 1799: A Complete Abstract Register of All Names Mentioned in Over Six Hundred Recorded Wills ... Copied from the Court House Records of Amherst, Bedford, Campbell, Loudoun, Prince William, and Rockbridge Counties. Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co, 1973. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
- [S3107] Hinshaw, William Wade, et al., compilers. Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy. 6 vols. 1936–1950. Reprint, Baltimore, Maryland: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1991–1994., Ancestry.com.
- [S3044] Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
- [S3315] Fothergill, Augusta Bridgland (Middleton). Virginia Tax Payers, 1782-87: Other Than Those Published by the United States Census Bureau. Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co., 1971., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S258] The Hord Family of Virginia: A Supplement to the Genealogy of the Hord Family, Compliled by Reverend Arnold Hord, (1915).
|Last Edited||15 Jan 2023|