HAIRSTON.org ID#971, b. about 1743, d. about February 1804
|Father*||Alexander HUNTER1 b. a 1698, d. a 1768|
|Mother*||Elizabeth STEELE b. 1722|
|Birth*||Alexander HUNTER was born about 1743.2|
|He was the son of Alexander HUNTER and Elizabeth STEELE.1|
|Will||In Alexander HUNTER's will dated 21 December 1767 in Bedford County, Virginia, Alexander HUNTER was named as an heir; Bedford County - His will lists Alexander Hunter, James Hunter, Samuel Hunter and Betty Hunter. witnessed by Alexander Steele, Mary Hunter, Cessley Walker.3|
|Marriage*||He married Martha "Patsy" HAIRSTON, daughter of Robert HAIRSTON and Ruth STOVALL, on 3 June 1769 in Bedford County, Virginia, Hugh Hairston (son of Andrew, Martha's uncle), Surety. With the consent of Robert & Ruth Hairston. page 938.4,5,1,6|
|Property*||On 23 March 1780, Michael Rowland and his wife Elizabeth sell 400 acres in Henry County to Alexander Hunter for 600 pounds.7|
|Tax Rolls*||Alexander Hunter is listed as a tax payer in Henry County, Virginia in 1782.8|
|Court Record*||1798 - Alexander Hunter conveys land to daughter Ruth, wife of John Hord.9|
|Will*||Alexander HUNTER left a will on 3 November 1803 in Henry County, Virginia; Henry County Will Book 2, pages 83-87. FSL images 233-235.10,11|
|Death*||He died about February 1804.2|
|Probate*||His will was presented to the court on 27 February 1804 in Henry County, Virginia.11,10|
|Probate||His estate inventory was probated on 13 March 1804 in Henry County, Virginia.10,11|
|Martha "Patsy" HAIRSTON b. 10 Oct 1753, d. 3 Jun 1834|
- [S3096] Dennis, Earle S, and Jane E. Smith. Marriage Bonds of Bedford County, Virginia, 1755-1800. Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co, 1975. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S113] Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications.
- [S3109] Clemens, William M. Virginia Wills Before 1799: A Complete Abstract Register of All Names Mentioned in Over Six Hundred Recorded Wills ... Copied from the Court House Records of Amherst, Bedford, Campbell, Loudoun, Prince William, and Rockbridge Counties. Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co, 1973. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
- [S3044] Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
- [S3764] Hinshaw, William Wade and Thomas Worth Marshall. Encyclopedia of American Quaker Genealogy - Volume 6. Ann Arbor, Mich.: Edwards Brothers, Inc., 1950. - https://hdl.handle.net/2027/mdp.39015051447657 -, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3129] Adams, Lela C. Abstracts of Henry County, Virginia Deed Books I and Ii, 1776-1784. Easley, S.C: Southern Historical Press, 1983. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3315] Fothergill, Augusta Bridgland (Middleton). Virginia Tax Payers, 1782-87: Other Than Those Published by the United States Census Bureau. Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co., 1971., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S258] The Hord Family of Virginia: A Supplement to the Genealogy of the Hord Family, Compliled by Reverend Arnold Hord, (1915).
- [S3684] Adams, Lela C., Henry County, Virginia, Will Abstracts Vol. I & II 1777-1820. Southern Historical Press, Inc., Easley, South Carolina, 1985., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3781] Henry County Virginia Will Book 1-3 1777-1831 - Family Search Library Film #7645134., Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
|Last Edited||14 Aug 2023|