HAIRSTON.org ID#1539, b. about 1753, d. 1833
|Father*||George FOOTE1 b. a 1700, d. 1759|
|Mother*||Mary Ann JAMES|
|Birth*||William FOOTE was born about 1753; census would place his birth date between 1751 and 1760. His father died 1755, therefore he was born 1751-1755 or about 1753.2|
|He was the son of George FOOTE and Mary Ann JAMES.1|
|Will||William FOOTE was mentioned in the will of George FOOTE on 31 May 1759 in Fauquier Co., Virginia; George Foote (c1700-1759) will lists: wife Mary, sons; William, Richard, Gilson, Henry, George and daughters Elizabeth, Frances and Bethelon.|
Fauquier Co., Virginia Will Book 1, 1759-1783.3,4
|Marriage*||William FOOTE married Sarah ALEXANDER, daughter of Col. William ALEXANDER, on 6 August 1783 in Effingham House, Fauquier Co., Virginia.1,5,6,7|
|Census 1830*||William FOOTE appeared on the census of 1830 in Fauquier Co., Virginia, Males 20-29 1, 70-79 1, slaves 36.2|
|Death*||He died in 1833 in Fauquier Co., Virginia.1,5|
|Will*||He left a will on 22 March 1833 in Cedar Hill, Fauquier Co., Virginia.8|
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 23 April 1833 in Noxubee County, Mississippi, Will Book A, Page 1-3.|
"Abstract of will: Will of WILLIAM FOOTE of Cedar Hill, Fauquier County, Va. date of will 22 March 1833; Executors: John W. Massie, son-in-law; sons Gilson, Richard and fredrick Foote; Legatees: Children of Deceased son George Foote, late of Alabama; Children of Daughter Ann Taylor, wife of John M. Taylor of Alabama; Children of son William A. Foote of Alabama; Son Gilson Foote; Children of Deceased son Phillip A. Foote, late of Alabama; Daughter Sigismunda Ashton, wife of John B. Ashton, Son-in-law John W. Massie; Son Richard H. Foote; Son Frederick Foote; Son Edwin Foote, Steven, only child of Deceased son Alexander Foote. Will Proved 23 April 1833."8
|Sarah ALEXANDER b. 22 Nov 1767|
- [S3140] Foote, Abram William, Foote Family: Comprising the Genealogy And History of Nathaniel Foote, of Wethersfield, Conn., And His Descendants; Vol. I, Rutland, Vt.: Marble City Press, The Tuttle Co., 1907. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89067465310, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S3199] King, J. Estelle Stewart; Abstracts of Wills and Inventories of Fairfax County, Virginia 1742-1801, With Rent Rolls for 1761 and 1774, Genealogical Publishing Co., Baltimore, 1978-1996, Ancestry.com.
- [S3219] King, J. Estelle Stewart; Abstracts of Wills, Administrations, and Marriages of Fauquier County, Virginia 1759-1800, Genealogical Publishing, Baltimore, 1978.
- [S3191] The Foote Family (October 1899). The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Volume 7, No. 2, pp. 201-203.
- [S3194] Erwin, Lucy Lane; The Ancestry of William Clopton of York County, Virginia, The Tuttle Publishing Co., Inc., Rutland, Vermont - 1939, Ancestry.com.
- [S3200] Tillman, James David. Tillman & Hamilton Family Records: With Their Many Ancestral Lineages. Meridian, Miss.: 1959-1963. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062498571, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3189] Abstarcts of Wills of Noxubee Co., MS., 1834 - 1910 and Index cases, Noxubee County Historical Society, Macon, Ms., 1990, Lowndes County Library.
|Last Edited||28 May 2016|