HAIRSTON.org ID#1533, b. 3 May 1791, d. 14 February 1851
|Father*||William FOOTE1,2 b. a 1753, d. 1833|
|Mother*||Sarah ALEXANDER b. 22 Nov 1767|
|Birth*||Gilson FOOTE was born on 3 May 1791 in Prince William, Virginia.3,4,5,2,6|
|He was the son of William FOOTE and Sarah ALEXANDER.1,2|
|Marriage*||Gilson FOOTE married Lucinda Elizabeth LEWIS, daughter of Fielding LEWIS Jr. and Elizabeth DADE, on 13 September 1814 in Fauquier Co., Virginia; DAR records list marriage date of 15 September 1814.7,5,8,9,2,6|
|Census 1830*||Gilson FOOTE appeared on the census of 1830 in Fauquier Co., Virginia, Males <5 1, 30-39 1; Females <5 1; Slaves 8.10|
|Will||He was mentioned in the will of William FOOTE on 22 March 1833 in Cedar Hill, Fauquier Co., Virginia.1|
|Census 1840*||Gilson FOOTE appeared on the census of 1840 in Noxubee County, Mississippi, Males 5-9 1, 10-14 1, 20-29 1, 40-49 1; Females 15-19 1.11|
|Will||He left a will on 11 March 1849 in Noxubee County, Mississippi, Lists sons George H. Foote, Robert L. Foote, daughter Mary C. Foote, deceased daughter Sarah E. Grant, granddaughter Laura F. Grant.|
Noxubee County Will Book A, Page 158.12
|Census 1850*||He appeared on the census of 1850 in Noxubee County, Mississippi, Gilson Foote 58 born in VA, Mary G Foote 25 born in VA.4|
|Death*||He died on 14 February 1851 in Noxubee County, Mississippi, at age 59; Will book J, page 158.6|
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 4 March 1851 in Noxubee County, Mississippi.1|
|Lucinda Elizabeth LEWIS b. 1787, d. a 1827|
- [S3189] Abstarcts of Wills of Noxubee Co., MS., 1834 - 1910 and Index cases, Noxubee County Historical Society, Macon, Ms., 1990, Lowndes County Library.
- [S3140] Foote, Abram William, Foote Family: Comprising the Genealogy And History of Nathaniel Foote, of Wethersfield, Conn., And His Descendants; Vol. I, Rutland, Vt.: Marble City Press, The Tuttle Co., 1907. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89067465310, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S73] Daughters of American Revolution (DAR).
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S83] Washington Family, John A. Washington, 17 November 1956.
- [S3000] Glenn, Justin. The Washingtons, A Family History: Volume 1, Seven Generations of the Prsidential Branch: Savas Beatie LLC, CA - 2014, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S65] Gott, John K., Fauquier County, Virginia Marriage Bonds: 1759-1854, Heritage Books, Inc.
- [S90] Lewis, William Terrell, 1811-1893. Genealogy of the Lewis Family In America: From the Middle of the Seventeenth Century Down to the Present Time. Louisville, Ky.: Pub. by the Courier-Journal Job Printing Co., 1893. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062356233, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S198] Virginia Marriage Records: From the Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, (n.pub.).
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1840] 1840 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S3011] Will of Gilson Foote - March 11, 1849 - Noxubbe County, Mississippi.
|Last Edited||7 Jun 2016|