Mary Catherine FOOTE
HAIRSTON.org ID#16, b. about 1825, d. 2 November 1859
|Father*||Gilson FOOTE1 b. 3 May 1791, d. 14 Feb 1851|
|Mother*||Lucinda Elizabeth LEWIS b. 1787, d. a 1827|
|Birth*||Mary Catherine FOOTE was born about 1825 in Virginia.2,3|
|She was the daughter of Gilson FOOTE and Lucinda Elizabeth LEWIS.1|
|Will||Mary Catherine FOOTE was mentioned in the will of Gilson FOOTE on 11 March 1849 in Noxubee County, Mississippi; Lists sons George H. Foote, Robert L. Foote, daughter Mary C. Foote, deceased daughter Sarah E. Grant, granddaughter Laura F. Grant.|
Noxubee County Will Book A, Page 158.4
|Census 1850||Mary Catherine FOOTE listed in the household of Gilson FOOTE in 1850 in Noxubee County, Mississippi; Gilson Foote 58 born in VA, Mary G Foote 25 born in VA.3|
|Marriage*||Mary Catherine FOOTE married Judge Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE, son of William FOOTE and Nancy Saunders RICE, on 10 September 1856 in Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi. Photocopy of original marriage license recorded with the Noxubee County Court September 12, 1856. W. P. Harrison was the Minister.2,5,6,1|
|Death*||Mary Catherine FOOTE died on 2 November 1859 in Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi.1|
|buried*||She was buried in Odd Fellows Cemetery, Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi.7 |
|Judge Hezekiah "Henry" William FOOTE b. 17 Dec 1813, d. 29 Jan 1899|
- [S3000] Glenn, Justin. The Washingtons, A Family History: Volume 1, Seven Generations of the Prsidential Branch: Savas Beatie LLC, CA - 2014, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S73] Daughters of American Revolution (DAR).
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S3011] Will of Gilson Foote - March 11, 1849 - Noxubbe County, Mississippi.
- [S76] Mississippi Marriages, 1776-1935, Ancestry.com.
- [S90] Lewis, William Terrell, 1811-1893. Genealogy of the Lewis Family In America: From the Middle of the Seventeenth Century Down to the Present Time. Louisville, Ky.: Pub. by the Courier-Journal Job Printing Co., 1893. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89062356233, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S39] Oddfellows Cemetery, Macon, Noxubee County, Mississippi.
|Last Edited||2 Jun 2017|