|Father*||William BREWER2 d. a 1815|
|Matilda BREWER was the daughter of William BREWER and Nancy MORRISS.1,2|
|Marriage*||Matilda BREWER married Creed Taylor ROWLAND, son of Michael ROWLAND and Elizabeth HAIRSTON, on 17 June 1820 in Henry County, Virginia. Nancy Brewer is listed as mother of bride and Larleton King as witness. Minister was John C. Traylor.1,3,4,5|
|Census 1860||Matilda BREWER appeared on the 1860 census of Creed Taylor ROWLAND on 31 July 1860 in Western Division, Monroe County, Mississippi; C T Rowland 58, Matilda 58, Catherine 20, Virginia 17.6|
|Creed Taylor ROWLAND b. a 1800, d. a 1866|
- [S67] Dodd, Virginia Anderson, Henry County, Virginia, Marriage Bonds, 1778-1849, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. Baltimore 1976.
- [S3684] Adams, Lela C., Henry County, Virginia, Will Abstracts Vol. I & II 1777-1820. Southern Historical Press, Inc., Easley, South Carolina, 1985., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3047] Meador, George H. - Dunbar Rowland et al. : Adams, Alexander, Beard, Brewer, Bryan, Burton, Clark, Cooper, Hairston, Hampton, Hatcher, Lewis, Moorman, Norman, Smith, Stovall, Reynolds, Taylor and Wade : Mississippi census of 1850, Rolen, Roland, Rolland and Rowland. Call #929.2/R883m, Mississippi Department of Archives & History, Jackson, Mississippi.
- [S3044] Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
- [S3166] Wingfield, Marshall, Marriage Bonds of Franklin County, Virginia, 1786-1858 - 1939, West Tennessee Historical Society, Memphis, Tennessee, Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||13 Aug 2023|