Creed Taylor ROWLAND
HAIRSTON.org ID#1038, b. about 1800, d. about 1866
|Father*||Michael ROWLAND1,2 b. a 1755, d. bt 1821 - 1825|
|Mother*||Elizabeth HAIRSTON b. 13 May 1759|
|Birth*||Creed Taylor ROWLAND was born about 1800 in Virginia.1|
|He was the son of Michael ROWLAND and Elizabeth HAIRSTON.1,2|
|Marriage*||Creed Taylor ROWLAND married Matilda BREWER, daughter of William BREWER and Nancy MORRISS, on 17 June 1820 in Henry County, Virginia. Nancy Brewer is listed as mother of bride and Larleton King as witness. Minister was John C. Traylor.3,1,4,2|
|Census 1830*||Creed Taylor ROWLAND appeared on the census of 1830 in Patrick County, Virginia, Creed Rowland: Free White Males 1 5-9, 1 20-29; Free White Females 2 under 5, 1 5-9, 1 20-29, Slaves 1.5|
|Immigration*||He immigrated in 1840 to Aberdeen, Monroe County, Mississippi.2|
|Census 1860*||He appeared on the census of 31 July 1860 in Western Division, Monroe County, Mississippi, C T Rowland 58, Matilda 58, Catherine 20, Virginia 17.6|
|Death*||He died about 1866 in Mississippi.1,2|
- [S3047] Meador, George H. - Dunbar Rowland et al. : Adams, Alexander, Beard, Brewer, Bryan, Burton, Clark, Cooper, Hairston, Hampton, Hatcher, Lewis, Moorman, Norman, Smith, Stovall, Reynolds, Taylor and Wade : Mississippi census of 1850, Rolen, Roland, Rolland and Rowland. Call #929.2/R883m, Mississippi Department of Archives & History, Jackson, Mississippi.
- [S3166] Franklin County, Virginia Marriage Bonds, 1786-1858, Ancestry.com.
- [S67] Dodd, Virginia Anderson, Henry County, Virginia, Marriage Bonds, 1778-1849, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. Baltimore 1976.
- [S3044] Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||13 Aug 2023|