Creed Taylor ROWLAND
HAIRSTON.org ID#1038, b. about 1800, d. about 1866
|Father*||Michael ROWLAND1,2 b. a 1755, d. bt 1821 - 1825|
|Mother*||Elizabeth HAIRSTON b. 13 May 1759, d. a 27 May 1825|
|Birth*||Creed Taylor ROWLAND was born about 1800 in Virginia.1|
|He was the son of Michael ROWLAND and Elizabeth HAIRSTON.1,2|
|Marriage*||Creed Taylor ROWLAND married Matilda BREWER, daughter of Nancy (surname unknown), on 17 June 1820 in Henry County, Virginia.3,1,4,2|
|Census 1830*||Creed Taylor ROWLAND appeared on the census of 1830 in Patrick County, Virginia, Creed Rowland: Free White Males 1 5-9, 1 20-29; Free White Females 2 under 5, 1 5-9, 1 20-29, Slaves 1.5|
|Immigration*||He immigrated in 1840 to Aberdeen, Monroe County, Mississippi.2|
|Census 1860*||He appeared on the census of 31 July 1860 in Western Division, Monroe County, Mississippi, C T Rowland 58, Matilda 58, Catherine 20, Virginia 17.6|
|Death*||He died about 1866 in Mississippi.1,2|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S3047] Meador, George H. - Dunbar Rowland et al. : Adams, Alexander, Beard, Brewer, Bryan, Burton, Clark, Cooper, Hairston, Hampton, Hatcher, Lewis, Moorman, Norman, Smith, Stovall, Reynolds, Taylor and Wade : Mississippi census of 1850, Rolen, Roland, Rolland and Rowland. Call #929.2/R883m, Mississippi Department of Archives & History, Jackson, Mississippi.
- [S3166] Franklin County, Virginia Marriage Bonds, 1786-1858, Ancestry.com.
- [S67] Dodd, Virginia Anderson, Henry County, Virginia, Marriage Bonds, 1778-1849, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. Baltimore 1976.
- [S3044] Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||6 Apr 2021|