Judge William M. HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#878, b. 6 June 1801, d. 26 December 1879
|Father*||Peter HAIRSTON1 b. bt 1771 - 1774, d. a 1836|
|Mother*||Mattie Martha BAKER b. a 1776|
|Birth*||Judge William M. HAIRSTON was born on 6 June 1801 in Abbeville County, South Carolina.2,1,3|
|He was the son of Peter HAIRSTON and Mattie Martha BAKER.1|
|County Change*||Gwinnett County was formed from Jackson County and Cherokee lands - Dec 1818.|
|Marriage*||Judge William M. HAIRSTON married Lavinia Forbush TOWERS, daughter of Isaac TOWERS and Elizabeth AKINS, on 6 May 1819 in Redland Creek, Gwinnett County, Georgia.2,1,3|
|Census 1820*||Judge William M. HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1820 in Gwinnett County, Georgia, William Hairston and his father Peter Hairston are listed next to each other on the census form.4|
|County Change||DeKalb County formed from Gwinnett County - 1822.|
|Property*||William Hearston acquired lot #85 of the 3rd District in Carroll County in the 1827 Georgia Land Lottery. He listed that Dekalb County was his home.|
|Census 1830*||He appeared on the census of 1830 in Dekalb County, Georgia.5 |
|Census 1840*||He appeared on the census of 1840 in District 563, DeKalb County, Georgia, Males <5 1 (Little), 10-14 1 (William), 20-29 1 (Albert), 30-39 (William), Females 5-9 2, 10-14 2 (Lucinda, Martha), 15-19 2 (Matilda, Armanda), 30-39 (Lavinia).6|
|Marriage*||He married Miriam DUPREE on 21 November 1842 in Dekalb County, Georgia.7,8,9,10|
|Census 1850*||Judge William M. HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 29 August 1850 in Cross Road, Dekalb County, Georgia, Wm 48 SC, Meriam 46 GA, Martha A.E. 20 GA, Amanda 15 GA, Little S 12 GA (male).9|
|Census 1870*||He appeared on the census of 3 June 1870 in Evans District, Dekalb County, Georgia, William 68, Miriam 65.11|
|Death*||He died on 26 December 1879 in Boboshelah Plantation, Dekalb County, Georgia, at age 78.2|
|Lavinia Forbush TOWERS b. 6 Oct 1801, d. a 1841|
|Miriam DUPREE b. 8 May 1804, d. 23 Dec 1870|
- [S3412] Stewart, William C., 1907-. Gone to Georgia: Jackson And Gwinnett Counties And Their Neighbors In the Western Migration. Washington: National Genealogical Society, 1965., unknown repository.
- [S46] The Hairston History, Vic Hairston and Edward J. Bregenzer, February 12, 1998. Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3452] Garrett, Franklin M. Atlanta And Environs: a Chronicle of Its People And Events. Athens, Ga.: University of Georgia, 1969., Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S1820] 1820 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1840] 1840 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S41] Jane Yasui, letter. 3 June 2009, from to Robert Hairston.
- [S42] Georgia, Marriage Records From Select Counties, 1828-1978 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2013., Ancestry.com.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S283] Georgia Genealogical Sources, Series - Marriages 1840-1856, DeKalb County, Georgia, Volume GA46, MariLee Beatty Hageness, (MLH Research, Annisiton, AL - 1998).
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||11 Jun 2018|