Littleton Tolivar HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#1334, b. 18 October 1837, d. 20 September 1863
|Father*||Judge William M. HAIRSTON b. 6 Jun 1801, d. 26 Dec 1879|
|Mother*||Lavinia Forbush TOWERS b. 6 Oct 1801, d. a 1841|
|Birth*||Littleton Tolivar HAIRSTON was born on 18 October 1837 in Georgia.1,2|
|He was the son of Judge William M. HAIRSTON and Lavinia Forbush TOWERS.|
|Census 1850||Littleton Tolivar HAIRSTON appeared on the 1850 census of Judge William M. HAIRSTON on 29 August 1850 in Cross Road, Dekalb County, Georgia; Wm 48 SC, Meriam 46 GA, Martha A.E. 20 GA, Amanda 15 GA, Little S 12 GA (male).3|
|Marriage*||Littleton Tolivar HAIRSTON married Neoma MORGAN, daughter of Reuben MORGAN, about 1859.4|
|Census 1860*||Littleton Tolivar HAIRSTON was Head of Household on 9 August 1860 in Itawamba County, Mississippi.5 |
|Military*||Littleton T. Hairston was a Private with Company C of the "New" 10th Mississippi which was composed of men from Itawamba County.6|
|Death*||He died on 20 September 1863 in Battle of Chickamauga, Georgia, at age 25.1,4|
|Neoma MORGAN b. a 1834, d. 17 Mar 1919|
- [S41] Letter from Jane Yasui to Robert Hairston, 3 June 2009.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3027] Muskogee and Northern Oklahoma - Volume II, unknown author, (The S. J. Clarke Publishing Company, Chicago - 1922).
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3334] Confederate Compiled Service Records, NARA M347. "Unfiled Papers and Slips Belonging in Confederate Compiled Service Records" , Nationa Archives., Fold3.com.
|Last Edited||30 Jul 2023|