HAIRSTON.org ID#852, b. about 1799, d. after 1851
|Father*||Peter HAIRSTON b. b 1755|
|Birth*||Peter HAIRSTON was born about 1799 in South Carolina.1|
|He was the son of Peter HAIRSTON and Mary YELDELL.|
|Marriage*||Peter HAIRSTON married Sarah SPEAK about 1820.2,1,3|
|Census 1830*||Peter HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1830 in Abbeville Co., South Carolina, Males: under 5 1, 5-9 1, 10-14 1, 30-39 1, Females; under 5 1, 10-14 1, 30-39 1, slaves 1.4|
|Census 1840*||He appeared on the census of 1840 in Laurens County, South Carolina, Males 5-9 1, 15-19 1, 40-49 1; Females 5-9 1, 10-14 1, 15-19 1, 40-49 1; Slaves 3.5|
|Will*||He left a will on 20 September 1844 in Laurens County, South Carolina, with the following family members listed; wife Sarah, children John Speak, Elizabeth Calmers, Sarah Francis, William Peter and Martha Catherine. Witnessed by John Whitten, John W. Owens and John F. Kern. The will was recorded in Will Book A, page 137, however, the date it was recorded is missing.|
Wills Volumn A Page 137-138.
PDF copy of will attached:.3,6
|Census 1850*||He appeared on the census of 1 November 1850 in Laurens County, South Carolina, Peter 51, Sarah 53 (married within the year, both can not read/write), Sarah F. 19, William P. 18, Martha C. 17, Samuel Pucket 30, Elizabeth Calmes Hairston Pucket 25, William Pucket 19, Catherine Hairston 25 (born Aug 1827 in SC - she stays single and appears in 1860, 1870 and 1900 census with different families).1 |
|Death*||He died after 1851.|
|Sarah SPEAK b. 26 Feb 1796, d. 1 May 1873|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S47] Find A Grave Website - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individual's death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S246] Will of Peter Hairston - 20 September 1844, Laurens, South Carolina Will Book A, Page 137., South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1840] 1840 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S3066] South Carolina Department of Archives and History, Columbia, SC.
|Last Edited||9 Mar 2018|