John Speak HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#854, b. 16 February 1823, d. 15 August 1897
|Father*||Peter HAIRSTON1 b. a 1799, d. a 1851|
|Mother*||Sarah SPEAK b. 26 Feb 1796, d. 1 May 1873|
|Birth*||John Speak HAIRSTON was born on 16 February 1823 in South Carolina.2,3|
|He was the son of Peter HAIRSTON and Sarah SPEAK.1|
|Will||John Speak HAIRSTON was mentioned in the will of Peter HAIRSTON on 20 September 1844 in Laurens County, South Carolina; wife Sarah, children John Speak, Elizabeth Calmers, Sarah Francis, William Peter and Martha Catherine. Witnessed by John Whitten, John W. Owens and John F. Kern. The will was recorded in Will Book A, page 137, however, the date it was recorded is missing.|
Wills Volumn A Page 137-138.
PDF copy of will attached.1,4
|Marriage*||John Speak HAIRSTON married Martha S. NEILL about 1854.|
|Marriage*||John Speak HAIRSTON married Sarah C. (surname unknown) about 1860.2,5|
|Census 1860*||John Speak HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1860 in Laurens County, South Carolina.5 |
|Census 1880*||He appeared on the census of 3 June 1880 in Laurens County, South Carolina, John S. 57, Sarah 37 wife, Watts B 5, Sally Workman 25 daughter widowed, John F. Workman 3 grandson.2|
|Death*||He died on 15 August 1897 at age 74.3|
|Burial*||He was buried in Hopewell United Methodist Church Cemetery, Laurens County, South Carolina.3 |
|Martha S. NEILL b. 20 Apr 1836, d. 10 Nov 1856|
|Sarah C. (surname unknown) b. Jan 1843|
- [S246] Will of Peter Hairston - 20 September 1844, Laurens, South Carolina Will Book A, Page 137., South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S3066] South Carolina Department of Archives and History, Columbia, SC.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||18 May 2018|