Elizabeth Calmes HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#855, b. 19 June 1825, d. 30 May 1906
|Father*||Peter HAIRSTON1,2 b. a 1799, d. 1851|
|Mother*||Sarah SPEAK b. 26 Feb 1796, d. 1 May 1873|
|Marriage*||Elizabeth Calmes HAIRSTON married Samuel O. PUCKETT.|
|Birth*||Elizabeth Calmes HAIRSTON was born on 19 June 1825 in South Carolina.3,4,5|
|She was the daughter of Peter HAIRSTON and Sarah SPEAK.1,2|
|Will||Elizabeth Calmes HAIRSTON was mentioned in the will of Peter HAIRSTON on 20 September 1844 in Laurens County, South Carolina; wife Sarah, children John Speak, Elizabeth Calmers, Sarah Francis, William Peter and Martha Catherine. Witnessed by John Whitten, John W. Owens and John F. Kern. The will was recorded in Will Book A, page 137, however, the date it was recorded is missing.|
Wills Volumn A Page 137-138.
PDF copy of will attached.1,6
|Census 1850||Elizabeth Calmes HAIRSTON appeared on the 1850 census of Peter HAIRSTON on 1 November 1850 in Laurens County, South Carolina; Peter 51, Sarah 53 (married within the year, both can not read/write), Sarah F. 19, William P. 18, Martha C. 17, Samuel Pucket 30, Elizabeth Calmes Hairston Pucket 25, William Pucket 19, Catherine Hairston 25 (born Aug 1827 in SC - she stays single and appears in 1860, 1870 and 1900 census with different families).2 |
|Census 1860||Elizabeth Calmes HAIRSTON appeared on the 1860 census of Samuel O. PUCKETT on 18 July 1860 in Blue Bayou, Sevier County, Arkansas.3 |
|Census 1870||Elizabeth Calmes HAIRSTON appeared on the 1870 census of Samuel O. PUCKETT on 28 July 1870 in Washington, Sevier County, Arkansas.7 |
|Census 1880||Elizabeth Calmes HAIRSTON appeared on the 1880 census of Samuel O. PUCKETT on 1 June 1880 in Sevier County, Arkansas.8 |
|Census 1900||Elizabeth Calmes HAIRSTON appeared on the 1900 census of Caroline PUCKETT on 4 June 1900 in Jefferson, Little River County, Arkansas; Elizabeth C. Hairston Pucket is 74, widow, had 6 children and 5 still living, born in SC and both parents born in SC.5|
|Death*||Elizabeth Calmes HAIRSTON died on 30 May 1906 at age 80.4|
|Burial*||She was buried in Wrights Chapel, Sevier County, Arkansas; |
Photo: Find A Grave by Veva Foster.4
|Samuel O. PUCKETT b. 2 Jul 1820, d. 1898|
- [S246] Will of Peter Hairston - 20 September 1844, Laurens, South Carolina Will Book A, Page 137., South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S3066] South Carolina Department of Archives and History, Columbia, SC.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||18 May 2018|