Samuel Pannill WILSON
HAIRSTON.org ID#715, b. 30 August 1822, d. 18 November 1894
|Birth*||Samuel Pannill WILSON was born on 30 August 1822.1|
|Marriage*||He married Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON, daughter of Samuel HAIRSTON and Agnes John Peter WILSON, on 3 October 1848 in Oak Hill Plantation, Pittsylvania, Virginia,by Rev. John L. Pritchard.2|
|Census 1850||Samuel Pannill WILSON appeared on the 1850 census of Samuel HAIRSTON on 1 November 1850 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia; Samuel 61, Agnes 48, Ruth Wilson 21, Alice Hairston 19, Samuel H Hairston 28, Samuel P Wilson 25, Agnes Wilson 1 - Farmer with $80,000 real estate.3|
|Will||Samuel Pannill WILSON was mentioned in the will of Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON on 7 April 1866 in Berry Hill, Pittsylvania County, Virginia; Mentions: Peter W. Hairston (1819-1886), Ruth Stoval Hairston (1827-1889), Samuel Pannill Wilson (1822-1894), Alice Alcey hairston (1830-1914), Samuel Hardin Hairston (1822-1870), Ruth H. Wilson (daughter of Samuel and Ruth Wilson), William Lash Hairston (1863-1927), Samuel Hairston (1788-1875), Agnes John Peter Wilson (1801-1880) and deceased George Hairston (1822-1866).4|
|Census 1880*||Samuel Pannill WILSON appeared on the census of 1880 in Tunstall, Pittsylvania, Virginia, Samuel P. 57, Ruth S. 52, Ruth H. 21, Mary A. 18, Samuel H. 24, H.R. 20, Robt. 8m.5|
|Death*||He died on 18 November 1894 in Windsor, Pittsylvania County, Virginia, at age 72.1|
|Burial*||He was buried in Berry Hill Cemetery, Pittsylvania County, Virginia; |
Photo: by Robert E. Hairston, Jr.1
|Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON b. 7 Dec 1827, d. 11 Mar 1889|
- [S14] Berry Hill Plantation Cemetery, Pittsylvania County, Virginia.
- [S218] Marriage Notices from Richmond, Virginia, Newspapers, 1821-1840. Richmond, Va.: Virginia Genealogical Society, 1988. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3673] Will of Ruth Stovall Hairston - 7 April 1866 - Will was written in Pittsylvania County, Virginia in 1866 and Ruth died in same county. Copies were also filed in Stokes County, North Carolina and Haywood County, Tennessee. PDF copy of Stokes County, NC filing is attached. Haywood County, Tennessee Will Book I, page 336. Family History Library Film #00477660, image 205-207., Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||26 Nov 2021|