Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#395, b. 7 December 1827, d. 11 March 1889
|Father*||Samuel HAIRSTON1,2 b. 19 Nov 1788, d. 2 Mar 1875|
|Mother*||Agnes John Peter WILSON b. 22 Dec 1801, d. 12 Mar 1880|
|Birth*||Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON was born on 7 December 1827 in Oak Hill, Pittsylvania, Virginia.3|
|She was the daughter of Samuel HAIRSTON and Agnes John Peter WILSON.1,2|
|Census 1830||Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON appeared on the 1830 census of Samuel HAIRSTON in 1830 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia; Males: 5-9 2, 10-14 1, 40-49 1, Females: <5 1, 20-29 1, Slaves 113.4|
|Marriage*||Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON married Samuel Pannill WILSON on 3 October 1848 in Oak Hill Plantation, Pittsylvania, Virginia,by Rev. John L. Pritchard.5|
|Census 1850||Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON appeared on the 1850 census of Samuel HAIRSTON on 1 November 1850 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia; Samuel 61, Agnes 48, Ruth Wilson 21, Alice Hairston 19, Samuel H Hairston 28, Samuel P Wilson 25, Agnes Wilson 1 - Farmer with $80,000 real estate.1|
|Will||Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON was mentioned in the will of Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON on 7 April 1866 in Berry Hill, Pittsylvania County, Virginia; Mentions: Peter W. Hairston (1819-1886), Ruth Stoval Hairston (1827-1889), Samuel Pannill Wilson (1822-1894), Alice Alcey hairston (1830-1914), Samuel Hardin Hairston (1822-1870), Ruth H. Wilson (daughter of Samuel and Ruth Wilson), William Lash Hairston (1863-1927), Samuel Hairston (1788-1875), Agnes John Peter Wilson (1801-1880) and deceased George Hairston (1822-1866).6|
|Death*||Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON died on 11 March 1889 in Windsor, Virginia, at age 61.3|
|Burial*||She was buried in Berry Hill Plantation Cemetery, Pittsylvania County, Virginia; |
Photo: by Robert E. Hairston, Jr., 1990.3
|Samuel Pannill WILSON b. 30 Aug 1822, d. 18 Nov 1894|
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S24] Hall, Wm. Kearney 1918-. Descendants of Nicholas Perkins of Virginia. 1957 Ann Arbor, Michigan.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89069618338, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S14] Berry Hill Plantation Cemetery, Pittsylvania County, Virginia.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S218] Marriage Notices from Richmond, Virginia, Newspapers, 1821-1840. Richmond, Va.: Virginia Genealogical Society, 1988. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3673] Will of Ruth Stovall Hairston - 7 April 1866 - Will was written in Pittsylvania County, Virginia in 1866 and Ruth died in same county. Copies were also filed in Stokes County, North Carolina and Haywood County, Tennessee. PDF copy of Stokes County, NC filing is attached. Haywood County, Tennessee Will Book I, page 336. Family History Library Film #00477660, image 205-207., Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||23 Nov 2021|