Hugh DOBBINS Jr.
|Property||Hugh Dobbins and wife Anne to Jno. Campbell, 390 acres in North Garden. Adjacent to Robert Lewis.1|
|Property*||Hugh Dobbins, Jr. obtained 390 acres in Goochland, County in the North Garden adjacent to Robert Lewis, Dobbin's cornfield and William Taylor, 28 Aug 1746.2|
|Property||Hugh DOBBINS Jr. was an adjacent landowner of James WOODS on 12 January 1747 in Ivy Creek, Goochland County, Virginia; James Wood obtained 190 acres in Goochland County on the head branches of Ivy Creek, adjacent to Michael Wood, Robert Lewis and Hugh Dobbins, 12 January 1747.3|
|Property||Hugh DOBBINS Jr. was an adjacent landowner of Peter HAIRSTON "The Immigrant" on 12 January 1746/47 in North Garden, Albemarle County, Virginia; on 12 January 1747 Peter Hairstone acquired a patent for 250 acres next to land owned by Robert Lewis. Robert Lewis was the grandfather of Meriwether Lewis of the Lewis & Clark Expedition. Peter's property was in Albemarle County when the patent was recorded, however, it was surveyed prior to 1744 when this land was in Goochland County. Source: Land Office Patents No. 25, 1745-1747, p. 528 (Reel 23). Library of Virginia. Peter and his wife Agnes sold this land on 24 October 1762. Thomas Jefferson lived nearby, close to the Rivanna River.4,5,6|
|Court Record||Capt. Robert HAIRSTON; Robert Herston, Samuel Herston, Hugh Dobbins, John Dobbins, and others are on a jury in the case of Joseph Hickingbottom vs. Richard Fletcher Gregory on 11 March 1748. Albemarle County Court Order Book 1748, page 354. Family History Library Film #007893705, image 195.7|
- [S3368] Davis, Bailey Fulton, Albemarle County Virginia Deed Book 1, 1748-1752. Salt Lake City, Utah : Digitized by the Genealogical Society of Utah, 2009, Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3123] Hudgins, Dennis R. Cavaliers and Pioneers: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents and Grants : Volume Six, 1749-1762. Richmond, Va: Virginia Genealogical Society, 1998. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3122] Hudgins, Denis R. Cavaliers and Pioneers: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents and Grants : Volume Five, 1741-1749. Richmond, Va: Virginia Genealogical Society, 1994. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3124] Hudgins, Dennis R. Cavaliers and Pioneers: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents and Grants : Volume Seven, 1762-1776. Richmond, Va: Virginia Genealogical Society, 1999. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3282] Goochland County Virginia Patents 25, 1745-1747, p. 528, Reel 23, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S3617] The Virginia Genealogical Society. Virginia Genealogical Society Quarterly and Magazine of Virginia Genealogy. Volume 28, August 1990, Number 3, page 198, Ancestry.com.
- [S3444] Nance, Joanne Lovelace, Albemarle County, Virginia, Court Order Book, 1744/45-1748. Magazine of Virginia Genealogy, Volume 29, May 1991, Number 2., Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||19 Mar 2018|