HAIRSTON.org ID#4968, b. 1774
|Father*||George TURNBALL d. a 5 Dec 1807|
|Mother*||Abigail (surname unknown)|
|Birth*||William TURNBULL was born in 1774 in Magotty Creek, Pittsylvania County, Virginia.|
|He was the son of George TURNBALL and Abigail (surname unknown).|
|County Name||Henry County formed from Pittsylvania County - 1777.|
|County Name*||Franklin County formed from Bedford and Henry County - 1786.1|
|Marriage*||William TURNBULL married Ruth HAIRSTON, daughter of Robert HAIRSTON and Ruth STOVALL, on 7 November 1792 in Franklin County, Virginia. Date of Surety was 5 November 1792 by William Anderson. Minister Randolph Hall married them on 7 November 1792. Franklin County Virginia Marriage Register, page 98. Family Search Library Film #007578970, image 106.2,3|
|Property*||"An Act for establishing several towns was passed on November 10, 1792, reading as follows: "That forty acres of land in Franklin, the property of Moses Grier, shall be, and they hereby vested in John Early, Jacob Boon, John Northsinger, Daniel Barnhart, Samuel Thompson, William Wright jun., William Turbull and Swinfield Hill, gentlemen, trustess........."4|
|Deed||William TURNBULL witnessed the Property of Peter HAIRSTON and Col. Samuel HAIRSTON on 1 October 1801 in Franklin County, Virginia; On October 1, 1801, Peter Hairston, his wife Alcey, Samuel Hairston and his wife Judith, sold 310 acres on Beaver Creek for 600 pounds Virginia money to Luckville King. - Franklin County District Court Deed Book 1, page 327-329 + 336-337. Family Search Library Film #7898087, images 189-190 + 194.|
|Will||William TURNBULL was mentioned in the will of George TURNBALL on 4 December 1807 in Franklin County, Virginia; Mentions in will that he has 5 daughters, but does not name them.5|
|Court Record*||Samuel Hairston Sr. was involved in a court case against William Turnbull in Franklin County Court 1834-1837.|
Virginia Chancery Records Index, 1837-023, Library of Virginia.
|Ruth HAIRSTON b. a 1771|
- [S3417] Doran, Michael, Atlas of Virginia County Boundary Changes, 1634-1895, Iberian Publishing Co., Athens, GA1987., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S152] Dodd, Jordan, comp.. Virginia Marriages to 1800. Electronic transcription of marriage records held by the individual counties in Virginia., Ancestry.com.
- [S3077] Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940, database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:XRQ6-6JZ : accessed 13 September 2015), William Turnbull and Ruth Hairston, 07 Nov 1792; citing Franklin County, Virginia, reference p98; FHL microfilm 31,523.
- [S3079] Wingfield, Marshall. Franklin County, Virginia: A History. Berryville, VA: Chesapeake Book Co, 1964. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3416] Will of George Turnbull 04 Dec 1807, Franklin County, Proved 7 Dec 1807, Virginia Will Book, page 362-363 Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||17 May 2023|