HAIRSTON.org ID#6174, d. about 5 December 1807
|Marriage*||George TURNBALL married Abigail (surname unknown).|
|County Change||Henry County was formed from Pittsylvania County - 1777.1|
|Military*||George Turnbull was a First Lieutenant in the Bedford County Militia.2|
|Tax Rolls||1782 - George Turnbull was listed on the tax lists, 1 poll 6 slave, for Bedford County.3|
|County Change*||Franklin County was formed from Bedford and Henry Counties - 1786.1|
|Elected*||At the first meeting of Franklin County on 2 Jan 1786, George Turnbull was appointed a road surveyor.4|
|Tax Rolls*||He is listed in the Franklin County tax lists for 1786.5|
|Property*||George Turnbull recorded 254 acres on the head branches of Runnet Bag Creek, Henry County on 21 Jul 1787.|
Source: Land Office Grants No. 11, 1787, p. 579 (Reel 77).6
|Court Record*||George Turnbull was a sheriff of Franklin County in 1800-1801.5|
|Will*||George TURNBALL left a will on 4 December 1807 in Franklin County, Virginia. Mentions in will that he has 5 daughters, but does not name them.7|
|Death*||He died about 5 December 1807 in Franklin County, Virginia.7|
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 7 December 1807 in Franklin County, Virginia.7|
|Abigail (surname unknown)|
- [S3417] Doran, Michael, Atlas of Virginia County Boundary Changes, 1634-1895, Iberian Publishing Co., Athens, GA1987., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S149] McAllister, J T. Virginia Militia in the Revolutionary War: Mcallister's Data. Hot Springs, Va: McAllister Pub. Co, 1913. Print. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/njp.32101013939630, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3315] Fothergill, Augusta Bridgland (Middleton). Virginia Tax Payers, 1782-87: Other Than Those Published by the United States Census Bureau. Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co., 1971., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3131] Salmon, John S, and Emily J. Salmon. Franklin County, Virginia, 1786-1986: A Bicentennial History. Rocky Mount, Va: Franklin County Bicentennial Commission, 1993. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3079] Wingfield, Marshall. Franklin County, Virginia: A History. Berryville, VA: Chesapeake Book Co, 1964. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3074] Hale, Nathaniel Claiborne, Roots In Virginia: an Account of Captain Thomas Hale, Virginia Frontiersman, His Descendants And Related Families. With Genealogies And Sketches of Hale, Saunders, Lucke, Claiborne, Lacy, Tobin And Contributing Ancestral Lines. Philadelphia?, 1948.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89066151580, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3416] Will of George Turnbull 04 Dec 1807, Franklin County, Proved 7 Dec 1807, Virginia Will Book, page 362-363 Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||11 Apr 2021|