Margaret HAIRSTONES (HAIRSTENS)
HAIRSTON.org ID#4715, b. 27 August 1799, d. 1881
|Father*||Thomas HAIRSTONES (HAIRSTENS)1,2 d. 20 Sep 1844|
|Mother*||Jean THORBURN1 b. a 1763, d. 18 Sep 1843|
|Married Name||Her married name was MARTIN.|
|Birth*||Margaret HAIRSTONES (HAIRSTENS) was born on 27 August 1799 in Troqueer, Kirkcudbright, Scotland.1,3|
|She was the daughter of Thomas HAIRSTONES (HAIRSTENS) and Jean THORBURN.1,2|
|Will||In Thomas HAIRSTONES (HAIRSTENS)'s will dated 26 December 1822, Margaret HAIRSTONES (HAIRSTENS) was named as an heir; 1822 - Wrote a trust mentioning 3 sons and 5 daughters, his wife and a brother.2|
|Marriage*||She married William MARTIN on 21 September 1823 in Trogueer, Scotland.2,4|
|Scotland Census 1841||Margaret HAIRSTONES (HAIRSTENS) appeared on the 1841 Scotland Census of William MARTIN on 6 June 1841 in Lockerbie Bridge Street, Dryfesdale Parish, Dumfriesshire, Scotland; William Martin is a writer.3|
|Scotland Census 1851||Margaret HAIRSTONES (HAIRSTENS) appeared on the 1851 Scotland Census of William MARTIN on 30 March 1851 in Noblehill, Dumfreisshire, Scotland.5|
|Death*||Margaret HAIRSTONES (HAIRSTENS) died in 1881.2|
|William MARTIN b. a 1796, d. 14 Apr 1860|
- [S180] Old Parish Records - Scotlands People. Online www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk.
- [S3116] Scotland. Court of Session. Cases Decided In the Court of Session: Court of Justiciary, And House of Lords. August 8, 1890 to August 5, 1891 - Vol. XVIII - Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark; London, Stevens & Sons. Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3482] 1841 Scotland Census. Edinburgh, Scotland: General Register Office for Scotland. Reels 1-151. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. Taken 6 June 1841, Ancestry.com.
- [S191] Old Parish Records, Dumfries & Galloway Family History Society, Dumfries, Scotland - this data was collected during my 2012 trip to Dumfries, Scotland. It is also available on the website Scotlandspeople.gov.uk.
- [S3483] 1851 Scotland Census. Edinburgh, Scotland: General Register Office for Scotland. Reels 1-151. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. Taken 30/31 March 1851, Ancestry.com.
- [S3423] McDowell, William, Memorials of St. Michael's : the old parish churchyard of Dumfries, Edinburgh: Adam and Charles Black, 1876. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/hvd.32044081264723, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
|Last Edited||10 May 2019|