HAIRSTON.org ID#5085, b. about 1796, d. 14 April 1860
|Birth*||William MARTIN was born about 1796 in Dumfriesshire, Scotland.1,2|
|Marriage*||He married Margaret HAIRSTONES (HAIRSTENS), daughter of Thomas HAIRSTONES (HAIRSTENS) and Jean THORBURN, on 21 September 1823 in Trogueer, Scotland.3,4|
|Scotland Census 1841*||William MARTIN appeared on the 1841 Scotland Census of 6 June 1841 in Lockerbie Bridge Street, Dryfesdale Parish, Dumfriesshire, Scotland; William Martin is a writer.2|
|Occupation*||He was retired waiter in 1851 in Dumfries, Scotland.5|
|Scotland Census 1851*||He appeared on the 1851 Scotland Census of 30 March 1851 in Noblehill, Dumfreisshire, Scotland.5|
|Death*||He died on 14 April 1860 in Nobelhill Cottage, Scotland.1|
|Burial*||He was buried in St. Michael's Churchyard, Dumfries, Scotland.1|
|Margaret HAIRSTONES (HAIRSTENS) b. 27 Aug 1799, d. 1881|
- [S3423] McDowell, William, Memorials of St. Michael's : the old parish churchyard of Dumfries, Edinburgh: Adam and Charles Black, 1876. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/hvd.32044081264723, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3482] 1841 Scotland Census. Edinburgh, Scotland: General Register Office for Scotland. Reels 1-151. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. Taken 6 June 1841, Ancestry.com.
- [S3116] Scotland. Court of Session. Cases Decided In the Court of Session: Court of Justiciary, And House of Lords. August 8, 1890 to August 5, 1891 - Vol. XVIII - Edinburgh: T. & T. Clark; London, Stevens & Sons. Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S191] Old Parish Records, Dumfries & Galloway Family History Society, Dumfries, Scotland - this data was collected during my 2012 trip to Dumfries, Scotland. It is also available on the website Scotlandspeople.gov.uk.
- [S3483] 1851 Scotland Census. Edinburgh, Scotland: General Register Office for Scotland. Reels 1-151. General Register Office for Scotland, Edinburgh, Scotland. Taken 30/31 March 1851, Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||10 May 2019|