HAIRSTON.org ID#393, b. 11 January 1822, d. 9 February 1866
|Father*||Samuel HAIRSTON1 b. 19 Nov 1788, d. 2 Mar 1875|
|Mother*||Agnes John Peter WILSON b. 22 Dec 1801, d. 12 Mar 1880|
|Birth*||George HAIRSTON was born on 11 January 1822 in Virginia.2,3|
|He was the son of Samuel HAIRSTON and Agnes John Peter WILSON.1|
|Census 1830||George HAIRSTON appeared on the 1830 census of Samuel HAIRSTON in 1830 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia; Males: 5-9 2, 10-14 1, 40-49 1, Females: <5 1, 20-29 1, Slaves 113.4|
|Census 1850||George HAIRSTON listed in the household of Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON in 1850 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia; Ruth S 67, George 28 (Samuel Hairston's son #393).5|
|Marriage*||George HAIRSTON married Ann Elizabeth LASH, daughter of William Alexander LASH (Loesch) and Ann Powell HUGHES, on 3 October 1855 in Stokes County, North Carolina; Date of marriage bond was 18 September 1855, bondsman was Sterling Adams and Samuel H. Taylor was the witness. They were married by R. A. Mebane. FS Film #00426179 Image 133.2,1|
|Census 1860||George HAIRSTON listed in the household of Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON in 1860 in Pittsylvania, Virginia; Ruth S. 77, George 38 (Samuel Hairton's son #393), Ann E. 26 (#702).3|
|Death*||George HAIRSTON died on 9 February 1866 at age 44.2,1|
|Burial*||He was buried in Berry Hill Cemetery, Pittsylvania County, Virginia.2 |
|Will||He was mentioned in the will of Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON on 7 April 1866 in Berry Hill, Pittsylvania County, Virginia; Mentions: Peter W. Hairston (1819-1886), Ruth Stoval Hairston (1827-1889), Samuel Pannill Wilson (1822-1894), Alice Alcey hairston (1830-1914), Samuel Hardin Hairston (1822-1870), Ruth H. Wilson (daughter of Samuel and Ruth Wilson), William Lash Hairston (1863-1927), Samuel Hairston (1788-1875), Agnes John Peter Wilson (1801-1880) and deceased George Hairston (1822-1866).6|
|Probate*||On 31 May 1869 William A. Lash, Jr., William A. Lash, Sr. and A. E. Hairston put up a bond of $20,000 and William A. Lash, Jr. was appointed guardian of William Lash Hairston and Samuel Hairston, both minors.7|
|Ann Elizabeth LASH b. 14 May 1834, d. 1 Jan 1925|
- [S24] Hall, Wm. Kearney 1918-. Descendants of Nicholas Perkins of Virginia. 1957 Ann Arbor, Michigan.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89069618338, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S14] Berry Hill Plantation Cemetery, Pittsylvania County, Virginia.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3673] Will of Ruth Stovall Hairston - 7 April 1866 - Will was written in Pittsylvania County, Virginia in 1866 and Ruth died in same county. Copies were also filed in Stokes County, North Carolina and Haywood County, Tennessee. PDF copy of Stokes County, NC filing is attached. Haywood County, Tennessee Will Book I, page 336. Family History Library Film #00477660, image 205-207., Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3309] George Hairston (1822-1866) Estate Records, Stokes County, North Carolina State Archives, Project NC09250, Roll 468, Page 392-416, Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||23 Nov 2021|