William Lash HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#703, b. 13 January 1863, d. 16 March 1927
|Father*||George HAIRSTON b. 11 Jan 1822, d. 9 Feb 1866|
|Mother*||Ann Elizabeth LASH b. 14 May 1834, d. 1 Jan 1925|
|Birth*||William Lash HAIRSTON was born on 13 January 1863 in North Carolina.1|
|He was the son of George HAIRSTON and Ann Elizabeth LASH.|
|Will||William Lash HAIRSTON was mentioned in the will of Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON on 7 April 1866 in Berry Hill, Pittsylvania County, Virginia; Mentions: Peter W. Hairston (1819-1886), Ruth Stoval Hairston (1827-1889), Samuel Pannill Wilson (1822-1894), Alice Alcey hairston (1830-1914), Samuel Hardin Hairston (1822-1870), Ruth H. Wilson (daughter of Samuel and Ruth Wilson), William Lash Hairston (1863-1927), Samuel Hairston (1788-1875), Agnes John Peter Wilson (1801-1880) and deceased George Hairston (1822-1866).2|
|Probate||William Lash HAIRSTON was listed as a beneficiary in George HAIRSTON's will on 31 May 1869 in Stokes County, North Carolina; On 31 May 1869 William A. Lash, Jr., William A. Lash, Sr. and A. E. Hairston put up a bond of $20,000 and William A. Lash, Jr. was appointed guardian of William Lash Hairston and Samuel Hairston, both minors.3|
|Census 1880||William Lash HAIRSTON appeared on the 1880 census of Ann Elizabeth LASH on 15 June 1880 in Winston, Forsyth County, North Carolina; Ann E George 45, William Hairston 17, Samuel Hairston 15, Mary George 11 (step daughter), Lizzie George 2 (step daughter).4|
|Marriage*||William Lash HAIRSTON married Betty Dillard Dobson on 18 February 1885 in Forsyth, North Carolina.1,5|
|Census 1900||William Lash HAIRSTON appeared on the 1900 census of Ann Elizabeth LASH on 5 June 1900 in Danville, Virginia; Ann E George 66, William L Hairston 37, Elizabeth L George 23, Laura H Hairston 13, Elizabeth L Hairston 11.6|
|Census 1910*||William Lash HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1910 in Forsyth Co., North Carolina, William L 47, Julia K 28, Julia 8, William L Jr 6.7|
|Marriage*||He married Julia King ANDERSON on 1 March 1920 in Forsyth, North Carolina.1,5|
|Death*||William Lash HAIRSTON died on 16 March 1927 at age 64.1|
|Burial*||He was buried in Berry Hill Plantation, Pittsylvania County, Virginia.1 |
|Betty Dillard Dobson b. 18 Jul 1865, d. Mar 1890|
|Julia King ANDERSON b. 22 Mar 1878, d. 25 Jun 1967|
|Charts||Descendant Chart (#1)|
Descendant Chart (#2)
Descendant Chart Box
- [S14] Berry Hill Plantation Cemetery, Pittsylvania County, Virginia.
- [S3673] Will of Ruth Stovall Hairston - 7 April 1866 - Will was written in Pittsylvania County, Virginia in 1866 and Ruth died in same county. Copies were also filed in Stokes County, North Carolina and Haywood County, Tennessee. PDF copy of Stokes County, NC filing is attached. Haywood County, Tennessee Will Book I, page 336. Family History Library Film #00477660, image 205-207., Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3309] George Hairston (1822-1866) Estate Records, Stokes County, North Carolina State Archives, Project NC09250, Roll 468, Page 392-416, Ancestry.com.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S176] North Carolina, Marriage Index, 1741-2011 - Provo, Utah, Ancestry.com.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1910] 1910 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S24] Hall, Wm. Kearney 1918-. Descendants of Nicholas Perkins of Virginia. 1957 Ann Arbor, Michigan.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89069618338, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
|Last Edited||26 Nov 2021|