William Lash HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#703, b. 13 January 1863, d. 16 March 1927
|Father*||George HAIRSTON b. 11 Jan 1822, d. 9 Feb 1866|
|Mother*||Ann Elizabeth LASH b. 14 May 1834, d. 1 Jan 1925|
|Birth*||William Lash HAIRSTON was born on 13 January 1863 in North Carolina.1|
|He was the son of George HAIRSTON and Ann Elizabeth LASH.|
|Probate||William Lash HAIRSTON was listed as a beneficiary in George HAIRSTON's will on 31 May 1869 in Stokes County, North Carolina; On 31 May 1869 William A. Lash, Jr., William A. Lash, Sr. and A. E. Hairston put up a bond of $20,000 and William A. Lash, Jr. was appointed guardian of William Lash Hairston and Samuel Hairston, both minors.2|
|Census 1880||William Lash HAIRSTON appeared on the 1880 census of Ann Elizabeth LASH on 15 June 1880 in Winston, Forsyth County, North Carolina; Ann E George 45, William Hairston 17, Samuel Hairston 15, Mary George 11 (step daughter), Lizzie George 2 (step daughter).3|
|Marriage*||William Lash HAIRSTON married Betty Dillard Dobson on 18 February 1885 in Forsyth, North Carolina.1,4|
|Census 1900||William Lash HAIRSTON appeared on the 1900 census of Ann Elizabeth LASH on 5 June 1900 in Danville, Virginia; Ann E George 66, William L Hairston 37, Elizabeth L George 23, Laura H Hairston 13, Elizabeth L Hairston 11.5|
|Census 1910*||William Lash HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1910 in Forsyth Co., North Carolina, William L 47, Julia K 28, Julia 8, William L Jr 6.6|
|Marriage*||He married Julia King ANDERSON on 1 March 1920 in Forsyth, North Carolina.1,4|
|Death*||William Lash HAIRSTON died on 16 March 1927 at age 64.1|
|Burial*||He was buried in Berry Hill Plantation, Pittsylvania Co., Virginia.1 |
|Julia King ANDERSON b. 22 Mar 1878, d. 25 Jun 1967|
|Betty Dillard Dobson b. 18 Jul 1865, d. Mar 1890|
|Charts||Descendant Chart (#1)|
Descendant Chart (#2)
Descendant Chart Box
- [S14] Berry Hill Plantation Cemetery, Pittsylvania County, Virginia.
- [S3309] George Hairston (1822-1866) Estate Records, Stokes County, North Carolina State Archives, Project NC09250, Roll 468, Page 392-416, Ancestry.com.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S176] North Carolina, Marriage Index, 1741-2011 - Provo, Utah, Ancestry.com.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1910] 1910 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S24] Hall, Wm. Kearney 1918-. Descendants of Nicholas Perkins of Virginia. 1957 Ann Arbor, Michigan.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89069618338, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
|Last Edited||7 Aug 2016|