Col. Joab EARLY
HAIRSTON.org ID#391, b. 1791, d. 1 May 1870
|Father*||Jubal EARLY1 b. 12 Apr 1764|
|Mother*||Mary Booker CHEATHAM1|
|Birth*||Col. Joab EARLY was born in 1791 in Franklin County, Virginia.1,2|
|He was the son of Jubal EARLY and Mary Booker CHEATHAM.1|
|Marriage*||Col. Joab EARLY married Ruth HAIRSTON, daughter of Col. Samuel HAIRSTON and Judith Sparrell SAUNDERS, on 9 March 1812 in Franklin, Virginia; FHL Film 31523.3|
|Census 1820*||Col. Joab EARLY appeared on the census of 1820 in Franklin County, Virginia, Males <10 5, 16-25 1, 26-44 1; Females <10 1, 26-44 2; Free Colored Males < 14 3, Slaves 29.4|
|Census 1850*||He appeared on the census of 1850 in District 4, Putnam County, Virginia.5|
|Census 1860*||He appeared on the census of 1860 in District 4, Putnam County, Virginia, age 68, living alone.6|
|Death*||He died on 1 May 1870 in Lexington, Missouri; Cemetery mark indicates death of 1871.1|
|Burial*||He was buried in Spring Hill Cemetery, Lynchburg, Virginia.2|
|Ruth HAIRSTON b. 1794, d. 1832|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S113] Sons of the American Revolution Membership Applications.
- [S47] Find A Grave Website - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individual's death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S3044] Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
- [S1820] 1820 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||11 Jan 2017|