Capt. Andrew WALLACE
HAIRSTON.org ID#2582, b. about 1712, d. after 26 January 1785
|Father*||Peter WALLACE Sr. d. b 1724|
|Mother*||Elizabeth WOODS1 b. a 1682|
|Birth*||Capt. Andrew WALLACE was born about 1712 in Ireland.1|
|He was the son of Peter WALLACE Sr. and Elizabeth WOODS.1|
|Emigration||Michael WOODS emigrated in 1724 from Ireland; Michael Woods and his family emigrated to Pennsylvania from Ireland about 1724. His sister, Elizabeth Woods Wallace and her children traveled with Michael Woods. Elizabeth's husband Peter Wallace had died before the trip.1|
|Marriage*||Capt. Andrew WALLACE married Margaret WOODS, daughter of Michael WOODS and Mary CAMPBELL, in October 1735.2,3,4|
|Church Record||Capt. Andrew WALLACE On March 29, 1747 in Goochland County, signed a petition to call and invite Rev. Samuel Black to minister to the Ivy Creek Orthodox Reformed Presbyterian Church.|
The list of signers also included Peter Hairston.
Rev. Samuel Black (c1700-1770) was from Ireland in 1735 and was a pastor in Donegal, Lancaster, PA. before coming to Virginia.2
|Will*||He left a will on 26 January 1785 in Albemarle County, Virginia. He mentions daughters Elizabeth Brisco, Mary Henderson, Hanna Wallace, Margaret Wallace, Susannah Collins and Jean Wilson. Sons Michael and Samuel. Grandsons Andrew Wallace and Adam Wallace. Executors are Michael Wallace, Thomas Collins and William Woods. Witnesses are Henry Karr, Sarah Wood, John Wallace and Michael Wallace. - Albemarle Will Book 2, page 425. Family Search Library Film #7643846, image 224.5|
|Death*||He died after 26 January 1785.2|
|Probate*||His estate was probated in May 1785.5|
|Margaret WOODS b. a 1714, d. b 24 Nov 1761|
- [S3048] Woods, Neander Montgomery; The Woods-McAfee Memorial, containing an account of John Woods and James McAfee of Ireland, and their descendants in America, Courier-Journal Job Printing Co., Louisville, KY - 1905 - https://hdl.handle.net/2027/loc.ark:/13960/t8rb7r654, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S146] Woods, Edgar. Albemarle County in Virginia: Giving Some Account of What It Was by Nature, of What It Was Made by Man, and of Some of the Men Who Made It. Charlottesville, Va.: Michie Co., printers, 1901. Print. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/hvd.32044019921394, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3050] Woodworth, R. Bell. (1954). The Descendants of Robert And John Poage, Pioneer Settlers In Augusta County, Va.: a Genealogy Based On the Manuscript Collections of Prof. Andrew Woods Williamson, Henry Martyn Williamson, And John Guy Bishop. Staunton, Va.: Priv. print. by the McClure Print. Co., 1954. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89067449405, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3362] Jefferson's Albemarle, A Guide to Albemarle County and The City of Charlottsville, 1941. https://hdl.handle.net/2027/uc1.$b726932, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3588] King, J. E. S. (1940). Abstracts of wills, inventories, and administration accounts of Albemarle County, Virginia (1748-1800) Amherst County, Virginia (1761-1800).
https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/99022, Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
|Last Edited||7 Aug 2023|