HAIRSTON.org ID#1438, b. 17 October 1783, d. 8 July 1838
|Father*||William HAIRSTON1 b. a 1744, d. a Apr 1808|
|Mother*||Ann S. (surname unknown) b. a 1746|
|Birth*||Thomas HAIRSTON was born on 17 October 1783 in Ninety-Six District, South Carolina. Thomas may have been named after his father's brother Thomas who died in 1782.2,3|
|He was the son of William HAIRSTON and Ann S. (surname unknown).1|
|County Change*||Abbeville County formed from Ninety-Six District - 1785.|
|Marriage*||Thomas HAIRSTON married Lucretia BOYNTON on 31 January 1807 in Warren County, Georgia.2,4|
|Will||In William HAIRSTON's will dated 18 March 1808 in Abbeville County, South Carolina, Thomas HAIRSTON was named as an heir; People mentioned: children Peter, James, John, William, Thomas, Jane Brown and Agness Martin. Executors are James Lomax Sr. and John Brannan.1|
|Census 1820*||He appeared on the census of 1820 in Jasper County, Georgia, Males <10 2, 10-15 1, 26-44 1, Females <10 2, 26-44 1, Slaves 3.5|
|Property*||Thomas Hairston acquired lot #239 of the 14th District in Whites County in the 1821 Georgia Land Lottery.|
|Property||Thomas Hairston acquired lot #29 of the 6th District in Whites County in the 1821 Georgia Land Lottery.|
|Census 1830*||He appeared on the census of 1830 in Jasper County, Georgia, Males 10-14 1, 15-19 1, 20-29 1, 40-49 1, Females 5-9 1, 10-14 1, 40-49 1, Slaves 12.6|
|Death*||He died on 8 July 1838 in Jasper County, Georgia, at age 54.2,3|
|Lucretia BOYNTON b. 3 Oct 1787, d. 24 Aug 1844|
- [S232] Will of William Hairston - 18 March 1808, Abbeville District, South Carolina, Will Book 1, Page 360. http://www.archivesindex.sc.gov/onlinearchives/…, South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
- [S46] Vic Hairston and Edward J. Bregenzer, The Hairston History, February 12, 1998. Personal Collection - copy.
- [S248] Lancaster, Jewel Moats; Jasper County Georgia Cemetery and Bible Records (from the Thomas Hairston Family Bible) - 1783-1847", Shady Dale, GA, 1969.
- [S42] Georgia, Marriage Records From Select Counties, 1828-1978 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations, Inc., 2013., Ancestry.com.
- [S1820] 1820 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||16 May 2018|