HAIRSTON.org ID#1023, b. 24 August 1665, d. about 1721
|Father*||George STOVALL b. a 1620, d. 8 Nov 1665|
|Birth*||Bartholomew STOVALL was born on 24 August 1665 in Albury, Surrey County, England. He was batized in the Anglican church in Albury.1,2|
|He was the son of George STOVALL and Joan TICKNER.|
|Emigration*||Bartholomew STOVALL emigrated in 1684 from England. He came as an indentured servant for four years to John Bright on the merchant ship Booth.3|
|Marriage*||He married Anne BURTON, daughter of Thomas BURTON Sr and Susannah HATCHER, on 8 August 1693 in Henrico County, Virginia.4,2,5,3|
|Property*||Bartholomew Stovall acquired 318 acres in Henrico County on South side of James River at a place known as Deep Creek on 16 Aug 1715.6|
|Death*||Bartholomew STOVALL died about 1721 in Powhatan County, Virginia.3|
|Will*||He left a will on 14 January 1721 in Henrico County, Virginia; Names wife Anne, sons George, William, Thomas and daughter Hannah Stovall.|
Library of Virginia, Part of index to wills not listed in Virginia Wills and Administrations, 1632-1800 (Torrence), Will - dated 1721, Henrico Co. Miscellaneous Records. Vol. 2, p. 541.
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 1 May 1721 in Henrico County, Virginia. Loose papers Vol. 3, Page 543, Library of Virginia.|
|Anne BURTON b. 1675, d. a 1725|
- [S243] The National Archives; Kew, England; General Register Office: Society of Friends' Registers, Notes and Certificates of Births, Marriages and Burials.
- [S293] The Family of Bartholomew Stovall (Eight Generations of Stovalls in England and America), Neil D. Thompson, Stovall Family Association, 1993.
- [S3399] Bishop, Donald E., Descendants of Bartholomew Stovall 1655-1722: First Five Generations. Laurel, Mississippi: Stovall Family Association, 1999. 929.273 St76bd https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/835331, Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S152] Dodd, Jordan, comp.. Virginia Marriages to 1800. Electronic transcription of marriage records held by the individual counties in Virginia., Ancestry.com.
- [S3047] Meador, George H. - Dunbar Rowland et al. : Adams, Alexander, Beard, Brewer, Bryan, Burton, Clark, Cooper, Hairston, Hampton, Hatcher, Lewis, Moorman, Norman, Smith, Stovall, Reynolds, Taylor and Wade : Mississippi census of 1850, Rolen, Roland, Rolland and Rowland. Call #929.2/R883m, Mississippi Department of Archives & History, Jackson, Mississippi.
- [S3393] Nugent, Nell Marion. Cavaliers And Pioneers: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents And Grants : Volume Three: 1695-1732. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1979., Personal Collection - printed book.
|Last Edited||1 Mar 2018|