Bartholomew STOVALL Jr.
HAIRSTON.org ID#1527, b. about 1698/99, d. before 16 October 1777
|Father*||Bartholomew STOVALL1,2 b. 24 Aug 1665, d. a 1721|
|Mother*||Anne BURTON1 b. 1675, d. a 1725|
|Marriage*||Bartholomew STOVALL Jr. married Mary S. HUGHES.|
|Birth*||Bartholomew STOVALL Jr. was born about 1698/99 in Henrico, Virginia.3|
|He was the son of Bartholomew STOVALL and Anne BURTON.1,2|
|Property||Bartholomew STOVALL Jr. was an adjacent landowner of John Hyde SAUNDERS on 16 June 1727; John Hyde Saunders acquired 400 acres in Henrico County on 16 June 1727. This land was adjacent to Bartholomew Stovall.4|
|Court Record*||November 1731 Gooochland County Court, Bartholomew Stovall was on a jury relating to a debt between Seth Ward and John Farrar.5|
|Probate||His estate was probated on 28 September 1732; Bartholomew Stovall acquired 250 acres in Goochland County on south side of james River on Stovall's Creek adjacent John Sanders, George Stovall and Mayo's land on 28 Sep 1732.6|
|Property*||Bartholomew Stovall and John Stovall acquired 200 acress in Goochland County on Stovall's Creek on 28 sep 1732.6|
|Property*||Bartholomew Stovall acquired 250 acres in Goochland County on 17 Aug 1733.4|
|Property||Bartholomew STOVALL Jr. was an adjacent landowner of John Hyde SAUNDERS on 22 September 1739; John Hyde Saunders acquired 570 acres in Goochland County on 22 September 1739. This land is adjacent to Bartholomew Stovall, William Mayo, Allen Howard, Isham Randolph and John Taylor.4|
|Property||Bartholomew Stovall acquired 400 acres in Amelia County on 12 Jan 1746 - Library of Virginia, Land Office Patents No. 24, 1745-1746, p. 583 (Reel 22).7|
|Property||John Frankling deeded to Bartholomew Stovall property in Goochland County on 13 Jan 1746. Deed Book $, p. 267.8|
|Property||John Quin deeded to Bartholomew Stoval property in Goochland County on 21 May 1746. Deed Book 4, p. 107.8|
|Death*||Bartholomew STOVALL Jr. died before 16 October 1777 in Powhatan County, Virginia.3|
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 16 October 1777 in Powhatan County, Virginia, his widow Mary declined to administer the estate.3,9|
|Mary S. HUGHES b. a 1710, d. a 1785|
- [S3047] Meador, George H. - Dunbar Rowland et al. : Adams, Alexander, Beard, Brewer, Bryan, Burton, Clark, Cooper, Hairston, Hampton, Hatcher, Lewis, Moorman, Norman, Smith, Stovall, Reynolds, Taylor and Wade : Mississippi census of 1850, Rolen, Roland, Rolland and Rowland. Call #929.2/R883m, Mississippi Department of Archives & History, Jackson, Mississippi.
- [S3399] Bishop, Donald E., Descendants of Bartholomew Stovall 1655-1722: First Five Generations. Laurel, Mississippi: Stovall Family Association, 1999. 929.273 St76bd https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/835331, Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S293] The Family of Bartholomew Stovall (Eight Generations of Stovalls in England and America), Neil D. Thompson, Stovall Family Association, 1993.
- [S3121] Hudgins, Dennis R. Cavaliers and Pioneers: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents and Grants : Volume Four, 1732-1741. Richmond, Va: Virginia Genealogical Society, 1994. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3394] Blomquist, Ann K., Goochland County Virginia Court Order Book 3, 1731-1735, Heritage Books, 2006, unknown repository.
- [S3393] Nugent, Nell Marion. Cavaliers And Pioneers: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents And Grants : Volume Three: 1695-1732. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1979., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3123] Hudgins, Dennis R. Cavaliers and Pioneers: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents and Grants : Volume Six, 1749-1762. Richmond, Va: Virginia Genealogical Society, 1998. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3389] Weisiger, Benjamin B. III. Goochland County, Virginia Wills and Deeds 1742-1749, unknown repository.
- [S3252] Will of Bartholomew Stovall - Powhatan County Wills and Administrations (1777-1800) pages 275-276, Will probate 20 Oct. 1796, pages 304-305, Inventory & appraisl recorded 16 Feb. 1797. Deed Book No. 2, 1792-1800 (Reel 1), Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
|Last Edited||14 May 2018|