HAIRSTON.org ID#1206, b. about 1706, d. about 1781
|Father*||Bartholomew STOVALL1,2 b. 24 Aug 1665, d. a 1721|
|Mother*||Anne BURTON1 b. 1675, d. a 1725|
|Birth*||John STOVALL was born about 1706.|
|He was the son of Bartholomew STOVALL and Anne BURTON.1,2|
|Property*||Bartholomew Stovall and John Stovall acquired 200 acress in Goochland County on Stovall's Creek on 28 sep 1732.3|
|Property||John Stovall acquired 220 acres Goochland County on 17 aug 1733.4|
|Property||John Stovall acquired 400 acres in Goochland County on 3 dec 1733. William Mayo and George Stovall were adjacent land owners.|
|Property*||(an unknown value.)|
|Court Record*||March 1742, Stovalls deed to Steger. "John Stovall Acknowledges a Deed with the Livery of Seizin endors'd from himself to Francis Stegar to be his Act and Deed then Darcus his wife (She being first privately examined) Relinquishes her right to Dower in the Land by the said Deed Conveyed all which was ordered to be recorded."|
Goochland County Court Order Book 5, page 21.5
|Court Record||March 1744, Stovalls deed to Poindexterr. "John Stovall Acknowledges a Deed with the Livery of Seizin endors'd from himself to Philip Poindexter to be his Act and Deed then Dorcas Wife of said John (She being first privately examined) Relinquishes her right to Dower in the Land by the said Deed Conveyed all which was ordered to be recorded."|
Goochland County Court Order Book 5, page 343.5
|Death*||John STOVALL died about 1781.|
- [S3047] Meador, George H. - Dunbar Rowland et al. : Adams, Alexander, Beard, Brewer, Bryan, Burton, Clark, Cooper, Hairston, Hampton, Hatcher, Lewis, Moorman, Norman, Smith, Stovall, Reynolds, Taylor and Wade : Mississippi census of 1850, Rolen, Roland, Rolland and Rowland. Call #929.2/R883m, Mississippi Department of Archives & History, Jackson, Mississippi.
- [S3399] Bishop, Donald E., Descendants of Bartholomew Stovall 1655-1722: First Five Generations. Laurel, Mississippi: Stovall Family Association, 1999. 929.273 St76bd https://www.familysearch.org/search/catalog/835331, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3393] Nugent, Nell Marion. Cavaliers And Pioneers: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents And Grants : Volume Three: 1695-1732. Richmond: Virginia State Library, 1979., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3121] Hudgins, Dennis R. Cavaliers and Pioneers: Abstracts of Virginia Land Patents and Grants : Volume Four, 1732-1741. Richmond, Va: Virginia Genealogical Society, 1994. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3080] Blomquist, Ann K., Goochland County Virginia Court Order Book 5, Heritage Books, 2007, Personal Collection - printed book.
|Last Edited||1 Mar 2018|