Lucy J. JONES
HAIRSTON.org ID#969, b. 11 September 1843, d. 7 June 1902
|Father*||William A. JONES1|
|Birth*||Lucy J. JONES was born on 11 September 1843 in Appomattox County, Virginia.2,1 |
|She was the daughter of William A. JONES and Caroline H.1|
|Marriage*||Lucy J. JONES married Col. Peter HAIRSTON Jr., son of Peter HAIRSTON and Ruth Stovall HAIRSTON, on 20 April 1858; |
HAIRSTON FAMILY BIBLE.1,3
|Married Name||As of 20 April 1858,her married name was HAIRSTON.|
|Census 1860||Lucy J. JONES appeared on the 1860 census of Col. Peter HAIRSTON Jr. on 6 September 1860 in Ridgeway, Henry County, Virginia; Peter 25 and L J 18.4|
|Census 1870||Lucy J. JONES appeared on the 1870 census of Col. Peter HAIRSTON Jr. on 2 August 1870 in Martinsville, Henry County, Virginia; Peter 35, Lucy J 25, C H 2.5|
|Census 1880||Lucy J. JONES appeared on the 1880 census of Col. Peter HAIRSTON Jr. on 3 June 1880 in Martinsville, Henry County, Virginia; Peter 44, Lucy J. 36, Samuel (brother) 51, Marshall (nephew) 18, Caroline (adopted Daughter) 12.6|
|Census 1900||Lucy J. JONES appeared on the 1900 census of Col. Peter HAIRSTON Jr. on 23 June 1900 in Martinsville, Henry County, Virginia. |
|Death*||Lucy J. JONES died on 7 June 1902 in Martinsville, Henry Co., Virginia, at age 58; From "The Henry Bulletin", June 13, 1902.2|
|Burial*||She was buried in Oakwood Cemetery, Henry Co., Virginia; From "The Henry Bulletin", June 13, 1902.2|
|Obituary*||Mrs. L. J. Hairston|
(Special Dispatch to The Times)
MARTINSVILLE, VA. June 7, -- Mrs. Louisa Jones Hairston, wife of Colonel Peter Hairston, died at "Irving," her home in the suburbs of this town, at 9:30 o'clock this morning. Mrs. Hairston was a Miss Jones, of Appomattnx. a leading member of the Mildred Lee Chapter. United Daughters of the Confederacy, and a lady greatly beloved by all who knew her.
On account of her death, the Circuit Court here adjourned until Monday.
The Times, Richmond, Virginia, June 8, 1902, Page 14. (Library of Virginia.)7
|Col. Peter HAIRSTON Jr. b. 20 Jun 1835, d. 13 Mar 1914|
- [S142] Hairston Family, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Boston, Published by C. Ewer, T. Bedlington, and J. H. A. Frost. 1828., North Carolina, State Archives of North Carolina.
- [S72] The Henry Bulletin, Martinsville, VA - June 13, 1902.
- [S141] Samuel Hairston Family Bible 1755-1891 - North Carolina.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3188] Library of Congress, Chronicling Amercia - Historic American Newspapers.
|Last Edited||21 Nov 2021|