Peter Littleton HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#871, b. about 1810, d. before December 1850
|Father*||Peter HAIRSTON b. bt 1771 - 1774, d. a 1830|
|Mother*||Mattie Martha BAKER b. a 1776|
|Birth*||Peter Littleton HAIRSTON was born about 1810 in South Carolina.1,2|
|He was the son of Peter HAIRSTON and Mattie Martha BAKER.|
|Relocated||Peter Littleton HAIRSTON relocated with Peter HAIRSTON to Gwinnett County, Georgia, about 1818.3,4|
|Occupation*||Peter Littleton HAIRSTON was Blacksmith about 1830.|
|Census 1830*||He appeared on the census of 1830 in Dekalb County, Georgia, Males <5 1, 15-19 1, Females 15-19 1.1|
|Marriage*||He married Elizabeth MCLAIN about 1831.|
|Property*||Littleton P. Hairston acquired lot #46 of the 16th District, First Section Cherokee Land Lottery. Became Union County on December 3, 1832.5|
|County Change*||Cobb County formed from Cherokee County - 1832.|
|Census 1840*||Peter Littleton HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 1840 in Cobb County, Georgia, L P Hairston - Males <5 1, 5-9 3, 15-19 1, 20-29 1, 30-39 1, Females 20-29 2.6|
|Death*||He died before December 1850 in Cobb County, Georgia, His wife Elizabeth and children are listed in the 1850 census taken on 23 December 1850, but he is not.7|
|Elizabeth MCLAIN b. a 1810, d. b 1870|
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S43] Joyce W. Letah and Leah Stevens, The Descendants of Andrew Hairston, 14 June 1996 - this is typewritten scrapbook with little or no sources and some newspaper clippings., Personal Collection - copy.
- [S3412] Stewart, William C., 1907-. Gone to Georgia: Jackson And Gwinnett Counties And Their Neighbors In the Western Migration. Washington: National Genealogical Society, 1965., unknown repository.
- [S3427] Smith, J. F. The Cherokee land lottery: containing a numerical list of the names of the fortunate drawers in said lottery, with an engraved map of each district. 1838 By James F. Smith. New York: Printed by Harper & brothers., Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S1840] 1840 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S41] Letter from Jane Yasui to Robert Hairston, 3 June 2009.
|Last Edited||18 May 2018|