HAIRSTON.org ID#864, b. about 1785
|Father*||William HAIRSTON1 b. a 1744, d. a Apr 1808|
|Mother*||Ann S. (surname unknown) b. a 1746|
|Birth*||Agnes HAIRSTON was born about 1785 in Ninety-Six District, South Carolina.2|
|County Name*||Abbeville County formed from Ninety-Six District - 1785.|
|She was the daughter of William HAIRSTON and Ann S. (surname unknown).1|
|Married Name||As of about 1808,her married name was MARTIN.|
|Marriage*||Agnes HAIRSTON married Alexander MARTIN, son of Patrick MARTIN, about 1808 in Abbeville, South Carolina.3|
|Will||In William HAIRSTON's will dated 18 March 1808 in Abbeville County, South Carolina, Agnes HAIRSTON was named as an heir; People mentioned: children Peter, James, John, William, Thomas, Jane Brown and Agness Martin. Executors are James Lomax Sr. and John Brannan.1|
|Will||In Alexander MARTIN's will dated 30 January 1814 in Newberry, South Carolina, Agnes HAIRSTON was named as an heir; Executors: John Martin and James Caldwell|
Witnesses: John M. Morris, W. Metherford, Thomas Gordon.4
|Census 1840*||She appeared on the census of 1840 in Abbeville, South Carolina, Males 15-19 2, 20-29 1, Females 15-19 2, 50-59 1, Slaves 3.5|
|Census 1850*||She appeared on the census of 1850 in Saluda, Abbeville, South Carolina, Agnes 65, born in SC, $1600 real estate.2|
|Census 1850||George MARTIN was neighbor in 1850.2|
|Alexander MARTIN b. a 1770, d. a 1831|
- [S232] Will of William Hairston - 18 March 1808, Abbeville District, South Carolina, Will Book 1, Page 360. http://www.archivesindex.sc.gov/onlinearchives/…, South Carolina Department of Archives and History.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S281] Abbeville County Marriage and Death Abstract - Abbeville Banner 1846-1860 - E. Don Herd Jr. and Ann B. Herd, 1980.
- [S280] Will of Alexander Martin - January 30, 1814 -.
- [S1840] 1840 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||11 Mar 2018|