HAIRSTON.org ID#1238, b. about 1780, d. about 1831
|Father*||Patrick MARTIN1 d. a 1813|
|Birth*||Alexander MARTIN was born about 1780.2,3|
|He was the son of Patrick MARTIN.1|
|Marriage*||Alexander MARTIN married Agnes HAIRSTON, daughter of William HAIRSTON and Ann S. (surname unknown), about 1808 in Abbeville, South Carolina.4|
|Census 1810*||Alexander MARTIN appeared on the census of 1810 in Newberry, South Carolina, Males <10 3, 26-44 1, Females 16-25 1, Slaves 1.3|
|Will||In Patrick MARTIN's will dated 8 December 1812 in Newberry, South Carolina, Alexander MARTIN was named as an heir; Executors: James McMorries, James Caldwell|
Witnesses: Charles Askin, Thomas Hall, Margaret Hall.1
|Will*||He left a will on 30 January 1814 in Newberry, South Carolina; Executors: John Martin and James Caldwell|
Witnesses: John M. Morris, W. Metherford, Thomas Gordon.5
|Census 1820*||He appeared on the census of 1820 in Abbeville, South Carolina, Males <10 1, 10-15 2, 16-18 1, 16-15 1, 26-44 1, Females <10 3, 26-44 1, Slaves 3.2|
|Death*||He died about 1831.|
|Probate*||His estate was probated on 3 January 1832 in Newberry, South Carolina, Will Book 2, Page 300, Estate Box 58, PKG. 1387.5|
|Agnes HAIRSTON b. a 1785|
- [S282] Will of Patrick Martin - 8 December 1812 - Will Book H. Pages 291-292, Newberry County, South Carolina.
- [S1820] 1820 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1810] 1810 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S281] Abbeville County Marriage and Death Abstract - Abbeville Banner 1846-1860 - E. Don Herd Jr. and Ann B. Herd, 1980.
- [S280] Will of Alexander Martin - January 30, 1814 -.
- [S1840] 1840 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||30 Sep 2014|