HAIRSTON.org ID#8194, b. about 1780, d. 4 December 1856
|Mother*||Jane "Janet" Jenny HAIRSTON1 b. a 1742|
|Birth*||Jane FORBES was born about 1780 in Bedford County, Virginia.1,2,3|
|She was the daughter of Alexander FORBES and Jane "Janet" Jenny HAIRSTON.1|
|Marriage*||Jane FORBES married Matthew AMYX Jr., son of Matthew AMYX and Catherine "Kitteran" HAIRSTON, on 10 August 1801 in Botetourt County, Virginia. Jane Forbush and Mathew Aimiex. Rev. Edward Mitchelle. - Family Search Film #75788042, image 152.4|
|Census 1850||Jane FORBES appeared on the 1850 census of Matthew AMYX Jr. on 24 September 1850 in Cumberland County, Kentucky; Matthew Amyx 71 born Virginia, Jane 70, Pres 45, Mat J. 39. Living next to Matthew K. Amyx 34 Virginia, Serena 26, Mary E. 13, Catherine J. 7, A. C. 3, O. P. 1 (wife and all children born in Kentucky).2|
|Death*||Jane FORBES died on 4 December 1856 in Cumberland County, Kentucky.1,3|
|Matthew AMYX Jr. b. a 1779, d. b 19 Dec 1860|
- [S3594] Kentucky Birth, Marriage and Death Records – 1856. Microfilm roll #994031, image 601: Casey, Christian, Clark. Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives, Frankfort, Kentucky.Kentucky.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S175] Kentucky Death Records, 1852-1964 - Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives, Frankfort, Kentucky, Ancestry.com.
- [S3044] Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
|Last Edited||14 Jul 2023|