HAIRSTON.org ID#5986, b. 15 April 1776
|Father*||Matthew AMYX1 d. 12 Mar 1832|
|Mother*||Catherine "Kitteran" HAIRSTON1|
|Birth*||Matthew AMYX was born on 15 April 1776 in Botetourt County, Virginia.|
|He was the son of Matthew AMYX and Catherine "Kitteran" HAIRSTON.1|
|Marriage*||Matthew AMYX married Jane FORBES, daughter of Alexander FORBES and Jane "Janet" Jenny HAIRSTON, on 10 August 1801 in Botetourt County, Virginia. Jane Forbush and Mathew Aimiex. Rev. Edward Mitchelle.|
Family Search Film #0075788042, Image 152.2
|Census 1850*||Matthew AMYX appeared on the census of 24 September 1850 in Cumberland County, Kentucky; Matthew Amyx 71 born Virginia, Jane 70, Pres 45, Mat J. 39. Living next to Matthew K. Amyx 34 Virginia, Serena 26, Mary E. 13, Catherine J. 7, A. C. 3, O. P. 1 (wife and all children born in Kentucky).3|
|Census 1860*||He was Head of Household on 28 June 1860 in Cumberland County, Kentucky. Mathew Amyx 82 Virginia, Madison Amyx 52, Priscilla Amyx 56, Lemuel Marshall 21 (laborer).4|
|Jane FORBES b. a 1780, d. 4 Dec 1856|
|Charts||Descendant Chart (#1)|
Descendant Chart (#2)
Descendant Chart Box (#1)
Descendant Chart Box (#2)
- [S57] U. S. Revolutionary War Pension Application, U.S. National Archives and Records Administration, Ancestry.com.
- [S3044] Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
|Last Edited||4 Sep 2021|