HAIRSTON.org ID#8085, b. March 1762
|Father*||Robert WOODS1,2 d. 1811|
|Marriage*||Josiah WOODS married Mary HYDE, daughter of Peter HYDE.3|
|Birth*||Josiah WOODS was born in March 1762.|
|He was the son of Robert WOODS and Elizabeth MIDDLETON.1,2|
|Will||Josiah WOODS was mentioned in the will of Robert WOODS on 9 March 1809 in Franklin County, Virginia; The following are mentioned in the will; John S. Burwell, son Josiah Woods, dau. Sarah Woods, grandaughter Harriot Woods (dau. of Josiah), granddaughter Elizabeth Middleton Burwell, dau. Elizabeth Hill, son Robert Woods, grandson Wiley Woods (son of Josiah), and Bailey Woods (son of Hugh Woods dec.) John S. Burwell and Josiah Woods are executors. Witnesses are P. R. Gilmer, David Dickenson and Nathan Mason.4,2|
|Census 1810*||Josiah WOODS appeared on the census of 1810 in Franklin County, Virginia, Josiah Woods, Males 45+ 1, Females 10-15 1, 26-44 1, Slave 12. Listed nest to Robert Woods Sr. and Robert Woods Jr..5|
|Census 1820*||He appeared on the census of 1820 in Franklin County, Virginia, Josiah Woods, Male 16-25 1, 45+ 1, Female 10-15 1, 45+ 1, Salves 8.6|
|Census 1830*||He appeared on the census of 1830 in Franklin County, Virginia, Josiah Woods, Males 60-69 1, Females under 5 1, 20-29 1, 50-59 1.7|
- [S265] Woods, Weightsill Arno, Short History of Descendants and Allied Families of Robert Woods of Ireland, W. W. Kinloch, University of Wisconsin, 1909 https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89082592569, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3561] Will of Robert Woods dated 9 March 1809, Proved 4 November 1811, Franklin County, Virginia Will Book #1, page 374-377. Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S3562] McIntosh, John Hawes, 1895-1956, and Ga.) Daughters of the American Revolution. Georgia State Society. Stephen Heard Chapter (Elberton. The Official History of Elbert County, 1790-1935: Supplement, 1935-1939, by Stephen Heard Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution, Organized 1901, Elberton, Georgia. [Elberton]: Stephen Heard chapter, Daughters of the American revolution, 1940., Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3560] The Ridge Runners: a magazine of migration - v.6 (Aug. 1976) by William A. Yates, Rifle, CO, Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S1810] 1810 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1820] 1820 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1830] 1830 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||13 Apr 2021|