|Father*||Robert WOODS1,2 d. 1811|
|Robert WOODS was the son of Robert WOODS and Elizabeth MIDDLETON.1,2|
|Tax Rolls*||Robert Woods Jr. is listed on the Franklin County Tax List in 1786.3|
|Will||Robert WOODS was mentioned in the will of Robert WOODS on 9 March 1809 in Franklin County, Virginia; The following are mentioned in the will; John S. Burwell, son Josiah Woods, dau. Sarah Woods, grandaughter Harriot Woods (dau. of Josiah), granddaughter Elizabeth Middleton Burwell, dau. Elizabeth Hill, son Robert Woods, grandson Wiley Woods (son of Josiah), and Bailey Woods (son of Hugh Woods dec.) John S. Burwell and Josiah Woods are executors. Witnesses are P. R. Gilmer, David Dickenson and Nathan Mason.4,2|
|Census 1810*||Robert WOODS appeared on the census of 1810 in Franklin County, Virginia, Robert Woods Jr., Males 16-25 1, 45+ 1, Females 10-15 3, 16-25 3, 45+ 1.5|
- [S265] Woods, Weightsill Arno, Short History of Descendants and Allied Families of Robert Woods of Ireland, W. W. Kinloch, University of Wisconsin, 1909 https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89082592569, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3561] Will of Robert Woods dated 9 March 1809, Proved 4 November 1811, Franklin County, Virginia Will Book #1, page 374-377. Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S3079] Wingfield, Marshall. Franklin County, Virginia: A History. Berryville, VA: Chesapeake Book Co, 1964. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3560] The Ridge Runners: a magazine of migration - v.6 (Aug. 1976) by William A. Yates, Rifle, CO, Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S1810] 1810 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||12 Apr 2021|