Robert WOODS Jr.1
|Father*||Robert WOODS1,2 d. 1811|
|Robert WOODS Jr. was the son of Robert WOODS and Elizabeth MIDDLETON.1,2|
|Tax Rolls*||Robert Woods Jr. is listed on the Franklin County Tax List in 1786.3|
|Deed||On June 18, 1802, Robert Woods Senior sels to Robert Woods Junior, for 40 pounds, a tract of land containing 210 acres. - Franklin County Deed Book 4, page 357. FSL 7898084 582.|
|Will||Robert WOODS Jr. was mentioned in the will of Robert WOODS on 9 March 1809 in Franklin County, Virginia; The following individuals are mentioned in the will; John S. Burwell, son Josiah Woods, daughter Sarah Woods, grandaughter Harriot Woods (dau. of Josiah), granddaughter Elizabeth Middleton Burwell, dau. Elizabeth Hill, son Robert Woods, grandson Wiley Woods (son of Josiah), and Bailey Woods (son of Hugh Woods dec.) John S. Burwell and Josiah Woods are executors. Witnesses are P. R. Gilmer, David Dickenson and Nathan Mason. Robert Woods's will has a sentence referring to children "who are not named in this will". - Franklin County Will Book 1, page 374. FSL 7644994 221.4,2|
|Census 1810*||Robert WOODS Jr. appeared on the census of 1810 in Franklin County, Virginia, Robert Woods Jr., Males 16-25 1, 45+ 1, Females 10-15 3, 16-25 3, 45+ 1.5|
|Deed*||On September 12, 1812, Josiah Woods sells to Robert Woods, for 5 shillings, a parcel of land containing 212 acres. - Franklin County Deed Book 6, page 313. Family Search Library Film #007898085, Image 572.|
|Deed||On September 3, 1812, Josiah Woods sells to Robert Woods, for 5 shillings, 100 acres. - Franklin County Deed Book 6, page 313. Family Search Library Film #007898085, Image 573.|
|Deed - Sell*||On March 23, 1816, Robert Woods sells to Showers Turner, for $1,500, a parcel of land containing 152 acres. - Franklin County Deed Book 7, page 400. Family Search Library Film #007898086, Image 216.|
|Deed*||In November 1816, John Woods sells to his brother Robert Woods, for $1,000, a parcel of land containing 130 acres. - Franklin County Deed Book 7, page 550. FSL 7898086-291.|
|Marriage*||He married Fanney (surname unknown) before 8 March 1817. Wife's name is in deed dated March 8, 1817.|
|Deed - Sell||On March 8, 1817, Robert Woods and his wife Faney sell to Thomas Frith, for $600, 230 acres. - Franklin County Deed Book 7, page 592. Family Search Library Film #007898086, Image 312.|
|Fanney (surname unknown)|
- [S265] Woods, Weightsill Arno, Short History of Descendants and Allied Families of Robert Woods of Ireland, W. W. Kinloch, University of Wisconsin, 1909 https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89082592569, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3561] Will of Robert Woods dated 9 March 1809, Proved 4 November 1811, Franklin County, Virginia Will Book #1, page 374-377. Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S3079] Wingfield, Marshall. Franklin County, Virginia: A History. Berryville, VA: Chesapeake Book Co, 1964. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3560] The Ridge Runners: a magazine of migration - v.6 (Aug. 1976) by William A. Yates, Rifle, CO, Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S1810] 1810 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||1 Sep 2023|