John Tyler SEAWELL
HAIRSTON.org ID#79, b. about 1810, d. 2 January 1875
|Father*||John Boswell SEAWELL1|
|Birth*||John Tyler SEAWELL was born about 1810.2|
|He was the son of John Boswell SEAWELL.1|
|Marriage*||John Tyler SEAWELL married Elizabeth HAIRSTON, daughter of Col. George "Old Rusty" HAIRSTON Jr. and Louisa HARDYMAN, on 12 September 1836 in Henry County, Virginia.3,4|
|Marriage*||John Tyler SEAWELL married Francis "Fannie" Elizabeth JACKSON after 13 March 1849.4|
|Census 1850*||John Tyler SEAWELL appeared on the census of 8 November 1850 in Gloucester County, Virginia, John T. 40 a lawyer, Maria L 12, John H 9.2|
|Census 1860*||He appeared on the census of 12 July 1860 in Gloucester County, Virginia, John T 50, Fannie E 32, Mary Lou 22, J Haston 19, Mollie E 6.5|
|Census 1870*||He appeared on the census of 11 August 1870 in Page 17, Ware, Gloucester County, Virginia, John T 61 Lawyer, Fannie E 42, Maria L 31, J Hairston 29 lawyer, Mollie 16, Henrietta 8.6|
|Death*||He died on 2 January 1875.7|
|Burial*||He was buried in Ware Episcopal Church Cemetery, Gloucester County, Virginia.7 |
|Elizabeth HAIRSTON b. 30 Mar 1815, d. 13 Mar 1849|
|Francis "Fannie" Elizabeth JACKSON b. 1828|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S3052] William and Mary College Quarterly Historical Magazine Vol. VIII, No. 1, Editor: Lyon G. Tyler, (William and Mary College, Williamsbug, VA.).
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S67] Dodd, Virginia Anderson, Henry County, Virginia, Marriage Bonds, 1778-1849, Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc. Baltimore 1976.
- [S22] Hairston, Elizabeth Seawell, The Hairstons and the Penns and Their Relations, Roanoke, Virginia 1940 https://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=13164, Ancestry.com.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
|Last Edited||23 Nov 2021|