HAIRSTON.org ID#7862, b. about 1803, d. 28 October 1865
|Father*||Jacob COFFMAN Jr.3 b. a 1774, d. 29 Sep 1838|
|Mother*||Anna AMEN4 b. 16 May 1778, d. 1826|
|Birth*||Mary Elizabeth "Betsy" COFFMAN was born about 1803 in Cloverdale, Botetourt County, Virginia.5,2|
|She was the daughter of Jacob COFFMAN Jr. and Anna AMEN.3,4|
|Marriage*||Mary Elizabeth "Betsy" COFFMAN married Henry BAKER on 21 February 1826 in Botetourt County, Virginia.1,4|
|Will||Mary Elizabeth "Betsy" COFFMAN was mentioned in the will of Jacob COFFMAN Jr. on 29 July 1838 in Botetourt County, Virginia; Mentions sons Samuel Coffman, John Coffman, daughters Elizabeth Baker, Sarah Coffman Also mentions Henry Baker, James and Michael Amen and John Taylor. Lists several slaves, their names and that they should be freed after period of time. Sons Samuel and John are executors. - Botetourt County Will Book E, page 727. Family Search Library Film #7644337, image 838-839.6|
|Census 1850||Mary Elizabeth "Betsy" COFFMAN appeared on the 1850 census of Henry BAKER on 25 September 1850 in Botetourt County, Virginia; Henry Baker 51, wife Elizabeth 47 and 3 children (Oscar O. 16, Sarah A. 14 and Nash N. 7) are living with James and Mary Brownell. Henry is farming his own land.5|
|Census 1860||Mary Elizabeth "Betsy" COFFMAN appeared on the 1860 census of Henry BAKER on 12 September 1860 in Botetourt County, Virginia; Henry Baker 60, Elizabeth 57, Sarah A. 21 and Nash 16.7|
|Death*||Mary Elizabeth "Betsy" COFFMAN died on 28 October 1865 in Botetourt County, Virginia.3|
|Henry BAKER b. a 1799, d. 10 May 1872|
- [S3533] Dodd, Jordon R., et al., Early American Marriages Virginia to 1850 . Boutiful, UT, USA: Precision Indexing Publisher., Ancestry.com.
- [S3534] Death Cert. - Nash J. Bakerl - Virginia, Deaths, 1912–2014. Virginia Department of Health, Richmond, Virginia, Ancestry.com.
- [S109] Virginia Deaths and Burials, 1853–1912 Index. FamilySearch, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2010. Index entries derived from digital copies of original and compiled records.
- [S3535] Kauffman, C. Fahs. (1940). A genealogy and history of the Kauffman-Coffman families of North America, 1584 to 1937: including brief outlines of allied Swiss and Palatine families who were among the pioneer settlers in Lancaster and York counties of Pennsylvania from 1717 on; viz., Becker, Baer, Correll, Erisman, Fahs, Kuntz, Kneisley, Hershey, Hiestand, Meyers, Musselman, Neff, Martin, Ruby, Snavely, Shenk, Shirk, Sprenkle, Witmer, and others. York, Pa..
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89066176967, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3127] Worrell, Anne L. Early Marriages, Wills, and Some Revolutionary War Records, Botetourt County, Virginia. Baltimore: Geneal. Pub. Co, 1975. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||6 Sep 2020|