HAIRSTON.org ID#7861, b. about 1799, d. 10 May 1872
|Birth*||Henry BAKER was born about 1799 in Botetourt County, Virginia.1,2|
|Marriage*||He married Mary Elizabeth "Betsy" COFFMAN, daughter of Jacob COFFMAN Jr. and Anna AMEN, on 21 February 1826 in Botetourt County, Virginia.3,4|
|Census 1850*||Henry BAKER appeared on the census of 25 September 1850 in Botetourt County, Virginia. Henry Baker 51, wife Elizabeth 47 and 3 children (Oscar O. 16, Sarah A. 14 and Nash N. 7) are living with James and Mary Brownell. Henry is farming his own land.2|
|Census 1860*||He was Head of Household on 12 September 1860 in Botetourt County, Virginia. Henry Baker 60, Elizabeth 57, Sarah A. 21 and Nash 16.5|
|Death*||He died on 10 May 1872 in Virginia.1|
|Mary Elizabeth "Betsy" COFFMAN b. a 1803, d. 28 Oct 1865|
- [S109] Virginia Deaths and Burials, 1853–1912 Index. FamilySearch, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2010. Index entries derived from digital copies of original and compiled records.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3533] Dodd, Jordon R., et al., Early American Marriages Virginia to 1850 . Boutiful, UT, USA: Precision Indexing Publisher., Ancestry.com.
- [S3535] Kauffman, C. Fahs. (1940). A genealogy and history of the Kauffman-Coffman families of North America, 1584 to 1937: including brief outlines of allied Swiss and Palatine families who were among the pioneer settlers in Lancaster and York counties of Pennsylvania from 1717 on; viz., Becker, Baer, Correll, Erisman, Fahs, Kuntz, Kneisley, Hershey, Hiestand, Meyers, Musselman, Neff, Martin, Ruby, Snavely, Shenk, Shirk, Sprenkle, Witmer, and others. York, Pa..
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89066176967, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3534] Death Cert. - Nash J. Bakerl - Virginia, Deaths, 1912–2014. Virginia Department of Health, Richmond, Virginia, Ancestry.com.
|Last Edited||6 Sep 2020|