Elizabeth Hairston ROWLAND1
HAIRSTON.org ID#7119, b. 17 February 1783, d. 10 June 1858
|Father*||Baldwin ROWLAND2 b. a 1759, d. a 1809|
|Mother*||Sarah "Sally" HAIRSTON2 b. a 1764, d. b 26 May 1790|
|Birth*||Elizabeth Hairston ROWLAND was born on 17 February 1783 in Franklin County, Virginia. Her name is listed as "Elizabeth Hairston Rowland" in her grandfather Robert Hairston's 1790 will.3,1|
|She was the daughter of Baldwin ROWLAND and Sarah "Sally" HAIRSTON.2|
|Will||Elizabeth Hairston ROWLAND was mentioned in the will of Robert HAIRSTON on 26 May 1790 in Franklin County, Virginia; Robert's daughter Sarah "Sally" Hairston died before his will was written.1,4|
|Deed||Elizabeth Hairston ROWLAND witnessed the Property of Peter HAIRSTON and Col. Samuel HAIRSTON on 1 October 1801 in Franklin County, Virginia; On October 1, 1801, Peter Hairston, his wife Alcey, Samuel Hairston and his wife Judith, sold 310 acres on Beaver Creek for 600 pounds Virginia money to Luckville King. - Franklin County District Court Deed Book 1, page 327-329 + 336-337. Family Search Library Film #7898087, images 189-190 + 194.|
|Census 1850||Elizabeth Hairston ROWLAND appeared on the 1850 census of Charles Cabaniss BAILEY on 9 September 1850 in Troup County, Georgia; E. H. Rowland 67 living with C. C. 60 and Martha Bailey 64.5|
|Death*||Elizabeth Hairston ROWLAND died on 10 June 1858 at age 75.3|
|Burial*||She was buried in Bailey-Traylor Cemetery, Troup County, Georgia.3|
|NOTE||NOTE: In the book "History of Henry County, Virginia" by Judith Hill, she states that the daughters Elizabeth Rowland and Martha Rowland were taken to their grandparents, Robert and Ruth Hairston, after the death of Sarah Hairston Baldwin on 26 May 1790. When their grandfather Robert Hairston died on 2 June 1791, Elizabeth and Martha, were taken to Samuel and Judith Hairston until adulthood.|
- [S121] Will of Robert Hairston 26 May 1790, Franklin County, Virginia Will Book #1, pages 70-71. Family History Library Film #007644994, images 69-70. Inventory & Appraisel record February 1793. Will Book #1, pages 85-87, 1786-1812. Family History Library Film #007644994, images 77-78. Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3073] Hill, Judith Parks America, A History of Henry County, Virginia : With Biographical Sketches of Its Most Prominent Citizens and Genealogical Histories of Half a Hundred of Its Oldest Families, Press of Bulletin Printing and Publishing Company, Incorporated, 1925 - Henry County, Va. (THERE ARE MANY ERRORS IN THIS BOOK) Ancestry.com.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S3131] Salmon, John S, and Emily J. Salmon. Franklin County, Virginia, 1786-1986: A Bicentennial History. Rocky Mount, Va: Franklin County Bicentennial Commission, 1993. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||15 Aug 2023|