Elizabeth Hairston ROWLAND
HAIRSTON.org ID#7119, b. 17 February 1783, d. 10 June 1858
|Father*||Baldwin ROWLAND1 b. a 1759, d. a 1809|
|Mother*||Sarah "Sally" HAIRSTON1 b. a 1764, d. b 26 May 1790|
|Birth*||Elizabeth Hairston ROWLAND was born on 17 February 1783 in Franklin County, Virginia.2|
|She was the daughter of Baldwin ROWLAND and Sarah "Sally" HAIRSTON.1|
|Will||Elizabeth Hairston ROWLAND was mentioned in the will of Capt. Robert HAIRSTON on 26 May 1790 in Franklin County, Virginia.3,4; It is interesting to note that Robert lists his sons, granddaughters and all but two daughters as "my beloved". However, he lists daughters Martha Hunter and Jenny Rentfro as "her daughters", indicating his wife Ruth. |
Robert's daughter Sarah "Sally" Hairston, died before his will was written.
PDF transcript of Robert's 1790 will attached -->
|Census 1850||Elizabeth Hairston ROWLAND appeared on the 1850 census of Charles Cabaniss BAILEY on 9 September 1850 in Troup County, Georgia; E. H. Rowland 67 living with C. C. and Martha Bailey.5|
|Death*||Elizabeth Hairston ROWLAND died on 10 June 1858 at age 75.2|
|Burial*||She was buried in Bailey-Traylor Cemetery, Troup County, Georgia.2|
|NOTE*||Note: In the book "History of Henry County, Virginia" by Judith Hill, she says that the daughters Elizabeth and Martha were taken to their grandparents, Robert and Ruth Hairston, after the death of Sarah Hairston Baldwin. When Robert Hairston died (Elizabeth was 6 and Martha was 5), they were taken to Samuel and Judith Hairston until adulthood. If this is correct, then Sarah Rowland died before 26 May 1790.1|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S3073] Hill, Judith Parks America, A History of Henry County, Virginia : With Biographical Sketches of Its Most Prominent Citizens and Genealogical Histories of Half a Hundred of Its Oldest Families,Press of Bulletin Printing and Publishing Company, Incorporated, 1925 - Henry County, Va.
- [S48] Find A Grave Website with Photo - only listings with photos of grave markers that are contemporary to the deceased individuals death are acceptable for genealogical proof.
- [S121] Will of Robert Hairston 26 May 1790, Franklin County, Virginia Will Book #1, pages 70-71. Family History Library Film #007644994, images 69-70. Inventory & Appraisel record February 1793. Will Book #1, pages 85-87, 1786-1812. Family History Library Film #007644994, images 77-78. Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3131] Salmon, John S, and Emily J. Salmon. Franklin County, Virginia, 1786-1986: A Bicentennial History. Rocky Mount, Va: Franklin County Bicentennial Commission, 1993. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S1850] 1850 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||12 Mar 2018|