Powhatan Bolling HAIRSTON1
HAIRSTON.org ID#69, b. 1853, d. after 11 September 1860
|Father*||Col. John Tyler HAIRSTON2,3 b. 25 Nov 1811, d. 13 Jan 1857|
|Mother*||Pocahontas Rebecca CABELL b. 29 Jun 1819, d. 3 Feb 1858|
|Birth*||Powhatan Bolling HAIRSTON was born in 1853.2,4,1|
|He was the son of Col. John Tyler HAIRSTON and Pocahontas Rebecca CABELL.2,3|
|Census 1860||Powhatan Bolling HAIRSTON appeared on the 1860 census of Livingston CLAIBORNE on 11 September 1860 in Bridgeway, Henry Co., Virginia; Livingston Claiborne 22, Elizabeth Claiborne 19, Va Hairston 23, Cabell Hairston 14, Sally Hairston 15, Hardyman Hairston 12, Tyler Hairston 9, Powhatan Hairston 7.4|
|Burial*||Powhatan Bolling HAIRSTON was buried in Hordsville Plantation Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia. Hordsville cemetery marker "POWHATAN,|
INFANT SON OF, POCOHONTAS CABELL, AND JOHN TYLER, HAIRSTON" It does not have a birth or death date. Both of his parents had died before the 1860 census. The 1860 census of Livingston Claiborne (his brother-in-law) shows a 7 year old boy named Powhatan Hairston living with him, along with 6 of Powhatans brother and sisters. However, an "infant" usally means a 1 or 2 year child.5
|Death*||He died after 11 September 1860.4|
- [S24] Hall, Wm. Kearney 1918-. Descendants of Nicholas Perkins of Virginia. 1957 Ann Arbor, Michigan.
https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89069618338, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S77] Brown, Alexander, The Cabells and Their Kin - A Memorial Volume, The Riverside Press, Cambridge 1895 https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89058675919, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S145] Pedigo, Virginia G. and Pedigo, Lewis Gravely. History of Patrick and Henry Counties, Virginia - Genealogical Publishing Co., 1933 available on ancestry.com - CAUTION - this book was written in 1933 and has many errors regarding the Hairston family., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S16] Hordsville Plantation Cemetery, Henry County, Virginia.
|Last Edited||9 Mar 2019|