John Tyler HAIRSTON Jr.
HAIRSTON.org ID#68, b. 1851
|Father*||Col. John Tyler HAIRSTON1,2 b. 25 Nov 1811, d. 13 Jan 1857|
|Mother*||Pocahontas Rebecca CABELL b. 29 Jun 1819, d. 3 Feb 1858|
|Birth*||John Tyler HAIRSTON Jr. was born in 1851 in Henry County, Virginia.3|
|He was the son of Col. John Tyler HAIRSTON and Pocahontas Rebecca CABELL.1,2|
|Census 1870||John Tyler HAIRSTON Jr. appeared on the 1870 census of James S. REDD on 13 August 1870 in Ridgeway, Henry County, Virginia; James S 29 a farmer $1200 personal estate, Sally H 25 $2000 real estate, Sally H 2, John T Hairston 19.4|
|Marriage*||John Tyler HAIRSTON Jr. married Elizabeth Brown DILLARD, daughter of Martha (surname unknown), on 14 October 1874; He was 23 and she was 20. Minister Stone.3|
|Census 1880*||John Tyler HAIRSTON Jr. appeared on the census of 29 June 1880 in Horse Pasture District, Henry, Virginia, Tyler 29 farmer, Bettie 28 wife, Maggie 4, Pocahantas 3.5|
|Elizabeth Brown DILLARD b. a 1854|
Descendant Chart Box
- [S145] Pedigo, Virginia G. and Pedigo, Lewis Gravely. History of Patrick and Henry Counties, Virginia - Genealogical Publishing Co., 1933 available on ancestry.com, Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S77] Brown, Alexander, The Cabells and Their Kin - A Memorial Volume, The Riverside Press, Cambridge 1895 https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89058675919, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S68] The Marriage Register of Henry County Virginia Vol I , 1853-1878, Anne Vestal-Miller, (Old Mill Printers, Rocky Mount, VA 1998).
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||9 Mar 2019|