HAIRSTON.org ID#6602, b. 1736, d. 1796
|Marriage*||William TUNSTALL married Elizabeth "Betsy" BARKER.1|
|Birth*||William TUNSTALL was born in 1736.2|
|He was the son of Richard TUNSTALL and Ann HILL.1,2|
|Military*||1775 - "At a meeting of the Commonwealth of Pittsylvania county Wed. 27th Sept. 1775, the following gentlemen were nominated as Officers for the Militia Agreeable to the Ordinance of Convention viz:|
Wm. Tunstall Esq. Lieut. Col......."3
|Court Record||August 1779 - William Tunstall was appointed a Justice of the Peace in Henry County. Robert Hairston, Peter Saunders, Abraham Penn and Robert Woods were also appointed.4|
|Court Record*||1780 Henry County - William Tunstall, Esq., resigned as county Lieutenant.4|
|Property||William TUNSTALL witnessed the Property of John ROWLAND and George ROWLAND on 25 May 1780 in Henry County, Virginia; 1780 Henry County - John Marr, George Rowland and John Rowland Sr sold to Josias Shaw, 600 acres on Macain's corner of Marrowbone Creek, for 10,200 pounds. 25 May 1780.5|
|Probate||William TUNSTALL was mentioned in the probate of the estate of John ROWLAND on 29 September 1780 in Henry County, Virginia; The will was presented to the court on 29 September 1780 by William Tunstall and Peter Saunders who gave bond with John Fountain and George Hairston.6|
|Tax Rolls*||1782 - William Tunstall is listed as paying taxes, 1 poll 40 slave, in Henry County, Virginia.7|
|Death*||William TUNSTALL died in 1796.2|
|Elizabeth "Betsy" BARKER b. a 1754, d. a 1800|
- [S3350] Boddie, John Thomas, 1864-. Boddie And Allied Families. [Chicago?], 1918., Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3351] Virkus, Frederick Adams. The Abridged Compendium of American Genealogy: First Families of America: A Genealogical Encyclopedia of the United States. Chicago: F. A. Virkus & Co., 192542., Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3558] Virginia Historical Society. The Virginia Magazine of History and Biography, Vol. 19, Dec 1911, pp.307 https://hdl.handle.net/2027/hvd.32044090087610, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3046] Virginia Historical Society. The Virginia Magazine of History And Biography. Richmond: Virginia Historical Society, June 1902, Volume IX., Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S3129] Adams, Lela C. Abstracts of Henry County, Virginia Deed Books I and Ii, 1776-1784. Easley, S.C: Southern Historical Press, 1983. Print., Personal Collection - printed book.
- [S3068] Will of John Rowland - 1780 - Henry County, Virginia Will Book 1, page 37-39. Family History Library Film #007645134, images 48-49.,Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3315] Fothergill, Augusta Bridgland (Middleton). Virginia Tax Payers, 1782-87: Other Than Those Published by the United States Census Bureau. Baltimore: Genealogical Pub. Co., 1971., Personal Collection - printed book.
|Last Edited||10 Apr 2021|