William Gray HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#534, b. 3 October 1893, d. 1 September 1986
|Father*||Robert Peter HAIRSTON1 b. 4 Oct 1841, d. 20 Jun 1906|
|Mother*||Margaret Sommer POTTS b. 1 Jul 1845, d. 11 Sep 1903|
|Birth*||William Gray HAIRSTON was born on 3 October 1893 in Lowndes County, Mississippi.2|
|He was the son of Robert Peter HAIRSTON and Margaret Sommer POTTS.1|
|Census 1900||William Gray HAIRSTON appeared on the 1900 census of Robert Peter HAIRSTON on 8 June 1900 in Lowndes County, Mississippi.3 |
|Census 1910*||William Gray HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 21 April 1910 in Beat 2, Columbus, Lowndes County, Mississippi.4 |
|Marriage*||He married Minerva Louise TUTTLE on 18 July 1935.|
|Census 1940*||William Gray HAIRSTON appeared on the census of 11 April 1940 in Columbus, Lowndes County, Mississippi.5 |
|NOTE*||Elected Mayor of Columbus, Mississippi in 1946.|
|Death*||He died on 1 September 1986 at age 92.2|
|Burial*||He was buried in Friendship Cemetery, Columbus, Lowndes County, Mississippi.2|
|Minerva Louise TUTTLE b. 6 May 1908|
|Charts||Descendant Chart (#1)|
Descendant Chart (#2)
Descendant Chart Box
- [S136] Bible - Thomas Potts Family Bible - 1668-1893 , area covered is Charleston, South Carolina. Bible printed in 1740. other surnames mentioned: Akin, Burton, Gray, Hairston, Keelin, Smith, and Thornton. Library call number 24346, Library of Virginia, Richmond, Virginia.
- [S20] Friendship Cemetery, Columbus, Lowndes County, Mississippi.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1910] 1910 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
- [S1940] 1940 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration.
|Last Edited||10 Jul 2014|