Watt Harden HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#525, b. 15 December 1876, d. 23 May 1916
|Father*||Major James Thomas Watt HAIRSTON1 b. 25 Jan 1835, d. 19 Jan 1908|
|Mother*||Elizabeth Perkins HAIRSTON2 b. 29 Feb 1836, d. 24 Apr 1922|
|Birth*||Watt Harden HAIRSTON was born on 15 December 1876 in Virginia.3,4|
|He was the son of Major James Thomas Watt HAIRSTON and Elizabeth Perkins HAIRSTON.1,2|
|Census 1880||Watt Harden HAIRSTON appeared on the 1880 census of Marshall HAIRSTON on 15 June 1880 in Martinsville, Henry County, Virginia; Marshal 77, Ann 77, Ann 40, James T Hairston 45 (married, son in law), Elizabeth 44 (married), Watt 3 (grand son.)5|
|Census 1900||Watt Harden HAIRSTON appeared on the 1900 census of Major James Thomas Watt HAIRSTON on 19 June 1900 in Lowndes County, Mississippi; J T W 65, E P 64, Watt H 23.4|
(left to right) Benjamine M. Townes, John Waynick, Watt Harden Hairston) with 1908 Winton Six Touring car in Roanoke, Virginia about 1908.
|Photo||Watt Harden HAIRSTON was photographed |
(left to right)
Benjamine M. Townes, Sam Staples, Watt Harden Hairston at the Hamilton Hotel in Martinsville, Virginia in 1913. about 1913.
|Death*||He died on 23 May 1916 at age 39; auto accident.3|
|Burial*||He was buried in Beaver Creek Plantation, Henry Co., Virginia.|
- [S55] Harden Hairston Family Bible, 1750-1908. The Holy Bible containing The Old & New Testaments: Translated Out of the Original Tongues,.....J. Holbrook's Sterotype Copy., Eighth Edition, Brattleborough, (Vt.), 1817, Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S3500] Bible - Marshall Hairston 1750, owned by Mrs. Anne Covington of "Beavercreek" transcribed by Mrs. Lillian Schwertz and printed in "Local History & Genealogical Society" Volume VII, March 1961, Number 1. (NOTE: There are several errors in this transcription.), Family Search, Family History Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S249] George Hairston Family Bible - 1750-1916, Peter Hairston Bible - 1750-1928, The New Testament of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, Translated Out of the Original Greek: and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised. Cooperstown, (N.Y.) Sterotyped, Printed and Published by H. & E. Phinney, 1829., Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||22 Nov 2021|