HAIRSTON.org ID#520, b. 13 May 1836, d. 23 February 1865
|Birth*||Mary HAYS was born on 13 May 1836 in Alabama.1,2|
|Marriage*||She married Robert Andrew HAIRSTON, son of Hardin HAIRSTON and Sarah "Sally" Stovall STAPLES, on 10 July 1856 in Greene County, Alabama. After their marriage, they took a trip to New York.3,2,4|
|Married Name||As of 10 July 1856,her married name was HAIRSTON.|
|Census 1860||Mary HAYS appeared on the 1860 census of Robert Andrew HAIRSTON on 9 June 1860 in Eutaw, Greene County, Alabama; R A Hariston 30 planter b. VA, M H Hariston 24 b. AL.1|
|Will*||Mary HAYS left a will on 4 February 1865 in Greene County, Alabama.5|
|Death*||She died on 23 February 1865 in Greene County, Alabama, at age 28.6,5|
|Robert Andrew HAIRSTON b. 28 Nov 1829, d. 11 Nov 1864|
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S55] Harden Hairston Family Bible, 1750-1908. The Holy Bible containing The Old & New Testaments: Translated Out of the Original Tongues,.....J. Holbrook's Sterotype Copy., Eighth Edition, Brattleborough, (Vt.), 1817, Library of Virginia - http://www.lva.virginia.gov
- [S34] Alabama, U.S., Marriage Index, 1800-1969 [database on-line]. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com Operations Inc, 2006.
- [S3669] Probate - R A Hairston 1866 (only part of file is attached) - "Alabama Estate Files, 1830-1976," database with images, FamilySearch (https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VNTV-F94 : 26 December 2021), R H Hairston, 1866; citing Greene County courthouse, Alabama; FHL microfilm 2,385,563., Family Search Library, Salt Lake City, Utah.
- [S3318] Will of Mary Hays Hairston - 04 February 1865, Greene County, Alabama; Estate Case 1861-1873, Ancestry.com.
- [S105] Cases Argued and Determined in the Supreme Court of Alabama during June Term, 1867, and January Term, 868, John W. Shepherd, (Barrett & Brown, Printers and Binders. 1869).
|Last Edited||1 Aug 2023|