Dr. William HAIRSTON
HAIRSTON.org ID#2545, b. 12 July 1819, d. 31 December 1903
|Father*||Robert HAIRSTON1 b. 20 Jan 1791, d. bt 1851 - 1859|
|Mother*||Elizabeth Hairston WOODS1,2,3 b. 5 Oct 1793, d. a 1875|
|Birth*||Dr. William HAIRSTON was born on 12 July 1819 in Virginia.1,4 |
|He was the son of Robert HAIRSTON and Elizabeth Hairston WOODS.1,2,3|
|Marriage*||Dr. William HAIRSTON married Prudence D. CALLOWAY on 27 July 1847 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia.3,5|
|Census 1860||Dr. William HAIRSTON appeared on the 1860 census of Elizabeth Hairston WOODS on 1 June 1860 in Franklin County, Virginia; EW 67, Wm 41, PD 35 (unknown), Ruth L 29, Lizzie F 25, Horace P Smith 29.2|
|Military*||Dr, William Hairston was the Assistant Surgeon, Company K, Virginia 10th Cavalry Regiment, CSA.4|
|Census 1870*||Dr. William HAIRSTON was Head of Household on 24 September 1870 in Blackwater, Franklin County, Virginia, Hairston, Wm (52 Physician), Prudence D. 43, Elizabeth 26, Ruth 40.6|
|Census 1880*||He appeared on the census of 23 June 1880 in Blackwater, Franklin County, Virginia, Hairston, William (60, Doctor, MD born VA and both parents born in VA), Prudence (58 wife, born VA), Ruth (48, sister of William, blind, born in VA).7|
|Census 1900||He appeared on the 1900 census of John Sample WOODS on 25 June 1900 in Blackwater, Franklin County, Virginia.8 |
|Death*||Dr. William HAIRSTON died on 31 December 1903 in Hunter's Hall, Franklin County, Virginia, at age 84.4|
|Prudence D. CALLOWAY|
- [S143] Bible - Robert Hairston 1755-1844. The Holy Bible containing the Old and New Testaments, together with the Apocrypha: Translated Out of the Originial Tongues, and with the Former Translations Diligently Compared and Revised.... Philadelphia, Printed and Published by M. Carey, 1817. State Archives North Carolina 400.1.1.982.
- [S1860] 1860 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S265] Woods, Weightsill Arno, Short History of Descendants and Allied Families of Robert Woods of Ireland, W. W. Kinloch, University of Wisconsin, 1909 https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89082592569, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S268] U.S., Civil War Soldier Records and Profiles, 1861-1865. Provo, UT, USA: Ancestry.com.
- [S3044] Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S1900] 1900 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||21 Nov 2021|