Prudence D. CALLOWAY1
|Marriage*||Prudence D. CALLOWAY married Dr. William HAIRSTON, son of Robert HAIRSTON and Elizabeth Hairston WOODS, on 27 July 1847 in Pittsylvania County, Virginia.2,1|
|Census 1870||Prudence D. CALLOWAY appeared on the 1870 census of Dr. William HAIRSTON on 24 September 1870 in Blackwater, Franklin County, Virginia; Hairston, Wm (52 Physician), Prudence D. 43, Elizabeth 26, Ruth 40.3|
|Postmaster*||Prudence D. CALLOWAY was Postmaster on 8 November 1877 in Hunters Hall, Franklin County, Virginia.4|
|Census 1880||She appeared on the 1880 census of Dr. William HAIRSTON on 23 June 1880 in Blackwater, Franklin County, Virginia; Hairston, William (60, Doctor, MD born VA and both parents born in VA), Prudence (58 wife, born VA), Ruth (48, sister of William, blind, born in VA).5|
|Dr. William HAIRSTON b. 12 Jul 1819, d. 31 Dec 1903|
|Charts||Descendant Chart (#1)|
Descendant Chart (#2)
Descendant Chart Box
- [S3044] Virginia, Marriages, 1785-1940. Salt Lake City, Utah: FamilySearch, 2013.
- [S265] Woods, Weightsill Arno, Short History of Descendants and Allied Families of Robert Woods of Ireland, W. W. Kinloch, University of Wisconsin, 1909 https://hdl.handle.net/2027/wu.89082592569, Hathi Trust Digital Library.
- [S1870] 1870 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
- [S3310] Appointment of U S Postmasters 1832-1971, NARA Microfilm Publication, M841, 145 rolls. Records of the Post Office Department, Record Group Number 28. Washington, D.C.: National Archives, Ancestry.com.
- [S1880] 1880 Federal Census - National Archives and Records Administration - Ancestry.com and FamilySearch.org.
|Last Edited||13 Oct 2021|